Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Time to Dance; Idol gossip


Dancing with the Stars is back! As a person who really enjoys dancing, I really enjoy this show.

This season's "Star" contestants are:

Penn Jillette of Penn and Teller fame. He is like the steer in the china store in the Merrill Lynch commercials. He is very tall, has huge feet and dances flat footed. He got voted off.

Marissa Jaret Winokur, the broadway star of "Hairspray". She's bouncy and bubbly and always has that Mary Lou Retton smile going. She isn't bad and I think she will improve if she gets to stay long enough.

Jason Taylor of the Miami Dolphins. He's just incredible as a dancer. Puts Emmitt Smith to shame, for sure, and he won a couple of seasons ago!

Priscilla Presley, x-wife of the late and great Elvis. She's is now 62 years old (she will be 63 in May) and dances very well. Not bad for an old broad!

Steve Guttenberg, actor, probably best known for his roles in 3 Men and A Baby and Police Academy. He has great personality, and is very entertaining on the dance floor. Not the best, but he does try.

Marlee Matlin, the deaf actress. Excellent dancer and she can't even hear the music! She never misses a beat!

Mario, who has no last name. He's a rapper. Excuse me. R & B artist. Whatever. Great smile and moves pretty well. He'll probably get far in the competition.

Cristian de la Fuente, the Chilean actor whose most recent endevor has been "Ugly Betty". He does okay. And will get better as time goes on.

Monica Seles, the tennis player. She may have the moves on the court, but she sucks in the ballroom! She got voted off this week, too!

Adam Carolla, radio personality and comedian. He reminds me of Gilbert Gotfried. He can't dance, and I think he will be next to be voted off.

Kristy Yamaguchi, world champion/gold medal figure skater. She is graceful and poised on the ice, and even though the footwork is actual steps instead of gliding on the ice, she is great on the dance floor as well.

Shannon Elizabeth, actress. I think the latest thing on her resume is "That 70's Show". She dances pretty well. She'll be around a while.

_____________________________________

Now for my Simon on the Idols.......

The contestants had to choose a song from the year they were born to perform this week. I didn't hear the year for everyone, but the ones I did, I will note.


Ramiele: 1986. Heart's "Alone". I thought it was really good considering she's fighting the crud.


Jason: 1987. "Fragile" I don't know this song, but I didn't like it. I think he's this weeks exidus.


Syesha: 1987. "If I Were Your Woman" was a big song and she showed her big voice. WOW!


Chikezie: 1985. "One Night" I didn't know this song, either. But, he sounded just like Luther Vandross. Funny. Seems that was a uther song......


Brooke: "Every Breath You Take" I thought it was a really good rendition. I love when she plays the piano. It was a great job, even with the do-over.


Michael Johns: 1978. "We Are The Champions" He rocked it! Finally showed his big voice. Haven't really seen that since his auditin with Bohemian Rhapsody. Great job!


Carly: 1983. Total Eclipse of the Heart. If Amanda was still around, I think it would have been a great song for her, if it was her year. She did a great job, but that last note kinda cracked. Oops.


David A: 1990. He is just a baby! He did "you're the Voice" another song I didn't know. But I thought it was good. I liked it. If I heard it played on the radio, I wouldn't chnge the station.


Kristy Lee: "God Bless the USA" She did a great job with it! Besides, who's gonna vote off after doing that song?


David Cooke: 1982. "Billie Jean" I loved MJ's original. I am an MJ fan, as is my nephew. BUT, I really liked David's performance and rendition of the song.


So, we'll be getting results in about 90 minutes, here. Let's see if I am right about Jason leaving......................


No comments: