Saturday, March 8, 2008

Idol Top 12; Lunch at My favorite Fast Food Place

The girls did pretty good this week. I loved Kristy Lee's "Faithfully". I always loved that song to begin with, and I thought she did it justice. She is in the top 12.

Kristy Lee
Ramiele did Against All Odds, a Phill Collins hit, and did it well. She's in the top 12.
Syesha. Greatest Love of All by Whitney. she sounded like Whitney. I wasn't impressed even though it is a tough song, but she made the top 12.


Carly Drove All Night and you could tell. WOW !! Top 12 for sure.
Amanda Hates herself for Loving You, but we can't account for taste. She rocked it and made the top 12.

Brooke did a really cool rendition of Love is a Battlefield by Pat Benetar. Her radical approach to doing the song was brilliant! Top 12 for this girl too!
The ones that didn't make it? Kady and Asia'h. Kady's performance wasn't great and Asia'h's being voted off surprised me, but she just didn't bring it with her version of I Wanna Dance with Somebody. I thought it would have been Brooke, but the presentation is what did it for Brooke. You have to be unique and stand out from the crowd in this competition.
Goodbye, girls.
________________________________________________
After Dean and I both being so sick last weekend, we have been home bound except to go to work for 2 weeks. So, they were having some race cars on display at Pittsburgh Mills Mall, which is on 28, just past New Kensington. So we get ready and ride up in some nasty weather, but do ok with our 4 wheel drive truck.
We find out way to the mall, and to a main entrance and there sits 6 race cars that race at Lernerville Speedway. Check it out at http://www.lernerville.com/. So, we head off throught the mall after looking at a couple late models, sprint car, pure stock and go cart. No more cars throughout the mall. I told him if we came all this way for 6 cars, he was in big trouble mister! Well, we check ou the mall, having never been there before, and it is a beautiful mall. It makes a big oval, and you walk around about a mile and end up where you started. And low and be hold, there was a whole "room" with cars. Maybe 10 more. So Dean wasn't in trouble, mister. The mall has some pretty unique stores, too. We stopped and bought candy at Fuzziwigs, which was not cheap. We talked to the lady for a bit, and if you'll remember from a way earlier post, I told you they were putting a Sonic near this mall.
Well, we found our way to the Sonic, and had to wait in line for a place to pull in an order! Avery good sign for future Sonics in our area! I had a Sonic Burger-no mustard-and a Vanilla Coke! Dean had a Super Sonic Burger with bacon-no mayo-and a huge Cherry Fruit Slushie! It was sooooooooo good. The sandwiches were so fresh! Yum-O! After we finished and left, we were coming down 28 and I told Dean I wanted another burger they were so good. Anybody taking advantage of the Sonic Happy Hour? 1/2 price on drinks between 2 and 4 pm? That's a deal! Yea to Sonic in the Pittsburgh Area! Great job! Now we need one at the Waterfront. Any investors out there??!
_________________________________
My sister called the other night to tell me that her area of Arkansas was supposed to get 4" of snow. Yes, Snow. They usually get an ice storm in February that shuts everything down for 3 or 4 days, but they didn't get that this year. So, they sent everyone home from school at 12:15, but she thought the snow wasn't anything to worry about. I called her thismorning to see how the "snowbunny" was doing, and she said the snow was practically gone. You couldn't even tell it snowed except for some white on Shan and Dave's roof. And I thought she'd be housebound for the weekend...............But any excuse to call her. I even called her after we ate at Sonic cause I thought she'd think that was cool. But she was napping.........Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

No comments: