Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Good Friday; An OK Saturday; Bad Easter

Friday, as you read earlier, I was off from work. I organized the office/computer/Mikey's room and put lots of paid bills away, filed bank statements, and put some important papers in the safe.
Then I got ready and went down to meet Dean at his work for lunch. I opted for the Salmon with sides of baby carrots and Mac and Cheese. I added a bowl of veggie soup and a Mountain Dew. YUM-O! Adam made the mac 'n' cheese and it was wonderful! Better n mom used to make! Then I had a rice krispie treat for dessert.
Then I hung out for a while and looked out the window (the dining room and eatery is on the 15th floor) and looked at the new construction going up right next door! This Building will be PNC 3. the banking business must be booming for all these new buildings to be going up lately. I think in the last 10 years, this is the 4th new building for a bank. Anyway, while I was hanging out, a lady came through the cashier line (the place is an upscale cafeteria with really great food) that looked VERY familiar to me. So, I asked the cashier if she knew who she was after she left, and the cashier, Doris, went and got her! It turned out to be Andrea, a lady that was in my line dancing class! I knew I knew her! We talked a bit and then she had to get back to her office and I no sooner sat back down to wait for Dean to be done, and here he came! So, off we went to wai for the bus home. The rest of the day was pretty uneventful, but nice. We had shrimp for dinner, by the way.
Saturday, we went to breakfast, got gas in the truck (ouch) and then went to find candy and stuff for Jordan's Easter Basket. Went to Rite Aid first. Not much there. Then Walgreen's-same thing. Then to Walmart! Should have just went there first. Jackpot! Peeps and bunnies galor! Jolly Rancher Jelly beans, Chocolate Bunnies, Chocolate foil covered eggs, Oh my! About $24 later, we are on our way home with our find!
I made Jordie's basket. It had blue grass, a large blue hershey's kiss, a chocolate bunny, plastic eggs filled with jelly beans, blue marshmallow bunnies, a peanut butter egg, and chocolate eggs.
We got him a bubble ball for his toy. It was cute. There are 4 different characters-a policeman, a fireman, a cowboy, and something else I can't remember now. Jordan got the cowboy, of course. You take off the character's hat and pour the bubble soap into the top of the character. It fills hsi "belly" since he is ball shaped at the bottom-thus the bubble ball. The hat, which snpas on rather sucurely, keepsthe bubble stuff from spilling while not in use. The hat is the top of the bubble wand.
Mikey got a super soft white and blue stuffed bunny. It had floppy ears, and sat up. The inside of his ears, paws and his nose were all baby blue. And he had a baby blue ribbon around his neck. So cute.
Sunday, Dean made french toast for breakfast, and while he did that I cleaned the living room. We ate, I did the dishes, he started the ham, and then got ready to go get the gang. I cleaned the bedroom, scrubbed the kitchen floor and vacuumed, got washed and dressed, and they were back! But Dean had gotten a flat tire on the way to Sara's. So, they went to the Sunoco to put air in it, which got him home. Then he got in the truck and went and got some fix a flat. That worked, but then he found the nail that was stuck in the tire and pulled it out. Tire went flat again. So, he puts the spare on and asks me to take the car to work and go to Bruce brothers to have it fixed after work. Not a problem.
We have a really nice visit and dinner, and I was so busy playing with the kids, I didn't take any pictures! Bummer.
After dinner is cleaned up, and we visit a bit longer, Dean takes the gang home. As he goes out the door, he asks me to put the truck back in the driveway. Forgetting that he pulled the truck behind the car when he came back with the fix a flat stuff, he puts the car in reverse, looks in the rear view mirror, sees the truck, and backs up anyway. Henry hollered to him to warn him, but, BUMP, he hit the truck anyway. I never heard anything or saw anything of this happening. So,I go out to move the truck as requested, and I see a license plate frame and part of the clear plastic cover on the ground. I look at the front of the truck, and yep, that's where it came from. What happened? Did one of the kids in the hood pull it off for some reason or what? Did Dean do it when He was angry about the flat tire? I don't know.
When he comes home, he comes in the house with afore mentioned articles in hand and tells me about backing into the truck.
As he is walking from the bedroom to the livingroom at one point later in the evening, doesn't he stub his toe on Jordie's high chair!
At that point, it was just time to give up and call it a day. And not a good day at that.

No comments: