Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Idol Top 10?; Nail Day

The contestants were able to choose their songs this week from the John Lennon-Paul McCartney catalogue, or Beatles songs, if you will. Here they are and what songs they did:

Syesha did Got To Get You Into My Life. Not as great as it could have been, but not bad. If she hangs in this week, she's really going to have to step it up a bit.
Chikezie's She's A Woman was incredible! Where has that performer been all this time?
Ramiele chose In My Life. Good job, but she could have done so much more with that voie of hers.
Jason Castro has hypnotic eyes and a great smile. I thought his rendition of If I Fell In Love With You was unique, but not a strong performance.
And then there's Carly who did Come Together and all I can say is
WOW!
David Cooke's version of Eleanor Rigby was Fantastic! Another WOW!
I think Brooke could be another Carole King. Good voice and plays well. I like the barefoot pianist. I liked her "soft" version of Let It Be.
I like David Hernandez' version of I Saw Her Standing There, but he could have done more with it. I just can't like him. He looks "greasy" to me. I hope he goes tonight.

Amanda chose You Can't Do That. I haven't heard this particular Lennon-McCartney song before that I remember. The lyrics were boring and repetitive. She did finally smile though!

Michael Johns. He did a great rendition of Across the Universe. NOt his best effort, but it was good. And I just like him.


Kristy Lee did a country version of 8 Days a Week that totally sucked. As great as her Faithfully was last week, is how bad she was this week. I think she will be one of the ones to go tonight.
David Archuleta did We Can Work It Out and forgot some of the lyrics. He seemed nervous, but the kid's got an amazing voice and talent. Let's give him another chance so he can work it out!
_________________________________________
Today after work, I got my nails done. I haven't had them done in a month. I am supposed to go every 2 weeks, but on my last scheduled appointment day, I was getting the second round of the crud, so I cancelled it. My nails really took a toll in that time, with the acrylic coming off 5 nails. I removed the polish from the rest of them, so it wasn't so noticeable that they were so bad. But they are back to normal now and it feels soooooooooo good! Just thought I'd share!

No comments: