Sunday, March 30, 2008

A few nice surprises....

Thursday is payday. So, I had gone to the bank at lunch time to deposit my check and get some cash for the weekend; breakfast, bowling, drinks and such. But after I had gone to the bank, I talked to Dean and he needed money I didn't know about. So, we decided he would use what he needed from the cash I had gotten back and we would get more when we went to the store and just get cash back when we checked out. So, I forgot to give him the money Thursday nite, so when he went to leave for work Friday morning, he just took what he needed from my purse.
He had brought me a surprise from work on Thursday and he forgot to give it to me. So, when he took the money, he left it in my purse. So when I was leaving for work, I grabbed my purse and there peeking out at me was a rice krispie treat! He makes them at work all the time, but rarely at home which sucks cause they are one of my favorite snacks! For St. Patty's day, he had added green food coloring to the marshmallow mixture and they were cool looking! I got one of those, too. YUM-O! So, when I found the treat in my purse, I called and left him a voice mail on his phone and told him that I thought that was a romantic thing he did. Hopefully that will encourage him to do more stuff like that, cause romancin' ain't his specialty. I don't want much. A greeting card for no reason, a cheapie Giant Eagle bouquet of flowers, a rice krispie treat...........

Then when I got home from work, he had straightened up the house, ran the vacuum, did and put away the dishes! That was awesome! And we didn't have dished ot do after dinner, cause I had stopped and brought home gyros!

So, it was nice to not have to worry about the house cleaning and such on Saturday, cause we were only home for a couple of hours. We got up and got showered and dressed and went to breakfast. Then we went to Weiss' meats to buy some ground meat, bacon and we end up buying a boneless ribeye loin (yes, a whole one) which in layman's terms, is the part you get the Delmonico Steaks from. We have a Food Saver machine, so we have them cut the loin into steaks and Dean will pack them up in the Food Saver bags, and we will have steaks, probably half way through summer.
Then a stop for gas in the car and we run throught the car wash, (yes, we were in the car. We didn't actually physically run through ourselves) and it's off to Giant Eagle for the rest of the groceries and to pick up a couple of prescriptions. We are up to $1.60 off per galon of gas in fuel perks! yea!
Then, it's home to put everything away. But, as I start putting things in thre fridge, I notice that something had leaked and the bottom of the fridge and the edges of the glass shelves were all yucky. So, I start taking that apart and scrub everything. After Dean comes in with the last load of groceries, he steps in and helps me out with that chore.
Since we had run the car through the carwash, Dean asked me if I would do the inside of the windows after we got the groceries put away. So, I did. But I did inside and out. The ol' girl don't look too bad when she's clean.
Then we had to get ready to go to the track (http://www.ppms.com/) for practice. The drivers practice racing to find out how their cars will do, and we, the fans, practiced watching. Some practiced drinking. Dean was one of those.
There was one car, a ametuer stock, that was black with a white umber 54 on it. On the right quater panel, the sponsorship displayed was Ducts Unlimited. So, I started quacking. Quack, quack, quack, quack, evertime he would go past us. Dean said I was warped. Hey, it was fun. Uncle Mike, one of Dean's friends, who I call Uncle Mike because he has a nephew that is almost as old as he is and calls him Uncle Mike, so, I did it too. But anyway, Uncle Mike says "it's DUCTS. D U C T Ssssssssssss. Not Ducks the birds. I didn't care. I was having fun. Quack, quack, quack, quack.
After we left the track, we went to the club in Carnegie with Tom and Lisa, where we all are members, and had a few cocktails (Dean just continued having cocktails, as he had already started at the track) and then we went bowling. We had a good time, and Dean continued having cocktails. His 1st game was a 149. Second game? 129. Third Game? 78. Yep. 78. Now it is a known fact that when we bowl and drink, 1 of 2 things happens, depending on the individual. Some drink and their games get better. Others? Well, Dean was the example of the others last night. Except, that usually the games only go downhill slightly. Maybe a difference of 10 pins or so. Dean's was a landslide! But we had fun.
I however, spent alot of time in the bathroom. Apparently the Mickey D's double cheeseburgers I had at the track didn't not agree with me at all. But, once that passed, I had fun.
Needless to say, I drove home last night. We got home about 12:30, so I guess it was really this morning. But like I said, we were only home a couple of hours yesterday, so the vacuuming and straightening up Dean did Friday afternoon was a big help! Fiday was a day of nice surprises from my husband. Saturday was a nice day spent with my husband. I am a lucky girl.

No comments: