Thursday, March 20, 2008

And a couple of other things.....

Some one please tell me why a person, albeit an old person, is driving on Lebanon Church Road, in the fast lane at 35 MPH when the speed limit is 45 MPH? And who gets stuck behind the old geezer coming home from work? Yep. Me. There should be a law that Seniors, wait qualify that, retired seniors should not be pemitted to drive during rush hour. From 7 - 9 am and 4-6 pm, keep them off the road. Till very recently, they weren't allowed to ride the PAT busses with their free bus pass during those times. My point is that you are retired. You have all friggin' day to do what you need to do. Don't do it and be on the raod when I am trying to get home from work. Or to work for that matter. Oh, How do I know he was retired? He had a bumper sticker boasting the fact.

______________________________________



My nephew stated in his blog about idol that he didn't like the group singing segment at the beginning of the show. I don't know why he doesn't like this portion this season, but I like it. I think you get a chance to hear some harmonies, and songs that maybe as individuals wouldn't pick for themselves, which in turn allows you to see if each one has any diversity with their style. this week, however, I didn't get to hear 98% of the group sing, cause our Fox affiliate lost the sound feed. Then they got that fixed, and we lost the video feed. So, I sould see them and not hear them for a good while, and for a short while could hear them, but not see them. I was ticked.



Last night's guest star was Kelly Pickler,a former Idol herself. She sang Red High Heels. Now, what I think would be a real kick is if the judges were allowed to comment on the gues stars' performances, but preface them by showing the comments they made when the guest star was a contestant and see how right or wrong they were! Can you imagine them airing a comment like Simon made to Kristy Lee Tuesday night about being musical wallpaper? OMG! That woudl be hysterical.



I do agree with my nephew about the phone a friend segment of the show. It's just a time filler and is stupid. Simon admitting that Paula is a good kisser was a shocker. When did they do that kiss, though? I don't remember seeing it.

_____________________________________



Easter is this coming Sunday. Good Friday, I am off work as the office is closed that day. I am going to sleep in (I hope) and then organize the office/computer room/Mikey's room. After that, I will get ready and go meet Dean at his work for a late lunch. After we eat, I'll just kind of hang out till it's time for him to go home, and we'll ride the bus home together. I wish I could drive to town and park, but anywhere that would be cheap enough to park is so far up town or in the strip, that I would have to walk forever to get to Dean's building. So, I'll take the bus to town, and obviously, back home. So, with tht being said, only one more (day of work) for me! Yippee!



I'll probably have something to post between now and Easter, but just in case not, HAPPY EASTER!


1 comment:

--David said...

Amen to the geezers driving on the road! Look, if someone can't drive the speed limit, then get them off the road. I think elderly people should have to take a DRIVING test. From age 70+, every 3-5 years, they should be required to pass an actual behind-the-wheel driving test. I would be more than happy to take such a test when I am that age. If i fail, then take away my privilege. As they say, "Driving is not a right...."