Saturday, March 15, 2008

Mama said ther'd be days like that!

Most of Thursday afternoon and Friday had a weird feeling to them. I don't know what it was but it was weird. Thursday at work, I just felt a strange karma or aura or something in the air. I was a little busier than usual with things that came up suddenly. A customer needed parts that were supposed to have been there on Monday. So, I was back and forth on the phone with her between talking to Kenny to get it worked out when they could be sent and how.
My computer decided to take a little side trip when I did something manually in Word that is usually does automatically from Quickbooks. Needless to say, I was on the phone with Dave for a while. I eventually suggested we just do a "Restore" after all the things he told me to do failed. Restore worked! By this time, it's almost time to go home, so the work for the next morning I was gonna do, didn't get done.
Friday morning, while getting ready for work, I had to blow my nose. I took the tissue, put it up to my face, and WHAM! the corner of the Kleenex jabs me in the eye! AS per the normal reaction, I close my eyes and pull the tissue down from my face. When I do, my eyes are closed so tightly, that the corner of the tissue that has jabbed me, tears off and is left in my eye! More pain! So, I have to force myself to open my eye in order to get the hunk of tissue out of it. Not a way to start off a day!

I get to work after all, and I am supposed to go and open Ken's email and find the one from the guy from UPS Freight Services. WE have an air freight going to Ireland, and this form has to be filled out and emailed back to him, so that all can go smoothly with the shipment, customs, homeland security, blah blah blah. Well I open it and hit reply, but the form doesn't open in the new email.
Enter Greg, the shipper/receiver/delivery driver. He said, do you have my orders done? (Remember I told you I didn't get then next morning's work done?) So, no, they aren't. I stop with the email thing and go get the orders done.
Enter Wynn. Puts his dogs up in their room and he gets a call on his cell. Something's happened to somebody or something, but I can't tell who or what from his end of the conversation. It sounded like someone had some sort of an accident, but I wasn't sure.
Diane calls a bit later and tell me she'd hooked her Mercedes SUV on the protective "hitching post" type thing at the end of the gas pump island. Ouch. Now I know who Wynn was talking to. She later comes to work and has pics on her cell phone. I can see how she hit it. It wasn't very high, it was the same color as the island and the cement, and she couldn't see it from the driver side of her SUV since it sits so high. It was an Exxon station. Since they made 40 billion in profit last year, let their insurance pay to fix her car. Works for me!
Tara's little girl, who I call Jules, usually goes to drop in day care or nursery school in the mornings for a half day. Then Tea (Tara) goes and picks her up, brings her back to work with her where she has lunch then naps most of the afternoon until it is time to go home and get her brother off the school bus.
Yesterday, instead of coming up the side steps and in that door as per the usual routine, Jules comes up the front walk and in the front door, through the foyer and through the office door. the conversation upon her seeing me goes like this:
"Shari. Guess what?"
"What!?"
"I got a bloody nose!"
"Oh my! How did you get a bloody nose, baby?"
(you ready for this? This is classic!)
"I was pickin' it!!!"
I had to turn my face away so I didn't laugh and her see it cause I know she probably got "scolded" for picking her nose. It being unlady like, the germs, and just yuck.
But if you would have seen her little face telling me "I was pickin' it!" it was priceless. Her little smile and her upper body kinda bouncing as she said it! Hysterical!

Don't ya love kids? At least she told the truth!

I must say that the weirdness in the air definitely dissipated after that!

1 comment:

--David said...

Dang, at som epoint, you just pack up your stuff and go back to bed... LOL