Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The best phone call

Today at work, I was fairly busy with the normal stuff, just more of it. And I am moving a little slower since I'm still sick.

So, In the middle of the afternon, out of the blue, my cell phone sings "Hey girl, it's me. Just thought I'd call and tell you Hi............" Yep. My sister. So I pick up the phone and say " Are we playing hooky today?" My sister is a teacher at the same school that my neice is and where my grand niece goes to school. So, I thought she must've been playing hooky cause it was certainly during school hours.

Turns out that she was on her way back from her crazy doctor and had a really good session and was feeling really good and wanted to share that with me! She amazes me sometimes with how much she thinks of me. I thought that was a pretty cool thing to want to share with me. She did say that she talked about my brother AND me in this session, but the doc took 2 pages of notes while she talked about me! I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I worry that she is still grieving so badly on one hand, then on the other, worry has she grieved enough over Jerry. Some days I think she's handling this all pretty well.

I am glad that her and I were able to talk about it while she was here after Christmas. I just want her to know that she can talk to me anytime, about anything, I'm always here for her, and I hope that talking to me helps her to deal with things, and feel better. I can't tell you how much I love this woman. She is my best friend. MY SISTER.
me and my sister
Hot Springs, AR
Dec. '05

No comments: