Friday, April 11, 2008

Unexpected phone call

Dean usually calls me on my cell every work day between 12:30 and 1:00 pm, when he takes his lunch. Today he called at 10:55 am. He sounded really up, so I didn't think anything was wrong. After a bit of chit chat, he says "Your son's picture is in the paper!" I asked "For What?" while cringing. Given Nick's past, I was afraid it might be something bad. Very bad.
He tells me "For playing the guitar!" There's a picture of him in this morning's Post Gazette! I asked him to save it for me, and he brought it home. Since it didn't scan well, I "borrowed" the picture from the Post Gazette website. Here's the picture complete with caption:



JAM SESSION Nik Callahan jams on a sunny day in front of the Western Pennsylvania
Musicians Group on Forest Avenue in West Homestead. Mr. Callahan and his band
practice at the facility a couple nights a week.

The photo must have been taken earlier this week, cause it was rainy and yucky here today and yesterday.

I don't know if Nick is using the N I K spelling of his name as his "stage" name or if the reporter doesn't know how to spell. The Photographer is John Heller.

Since he hasn't called me in a while, it was good to see that he looks good and is ok. A mother's heart kinda sinks when someone tells you that your kid's picture is in the paper, and you think that it can't be good. But it was!

If you want to see a larger version, go to http://www.post-gazette.com/ scroll to near the bottom and find something that says daily photo journal, (it's under a heading that says PG Photos) click on that, and scroll down again. There will be a box that has a date in it. If it's not Friday, April 11, 2008, change it to that date and the pics from today will come up, and there he'll be!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

shar~ save the pic to your computer's hard drive and then pull it up from there so it'll always be on your blog


its really cool..i'll save you my copy!!! Tea