Sunday, April 27, 2008

It's he-e-e-ere

The trickle down effect of the gasoline prices is really starting to become apparent. Dean went to the grocery store today and got some essentials like stuff to make salad, milk, bread, lunch meat, paper towels. Just little stuff. $80! Holy cow! What's it going to come to? I guess we will have to start forgoing our little luxeries in life-eating out once a week, drinking on occasion, having my nails done, going to breakfast on Saturdy mornings, going to the races or bowling on Saturday nites, and going camping.
The government has to do something. This just isn't right. Pretty soon, the only thing we will be able to do is go back and forth to work. Maybe the whole country should go on welfare. I definitely notice the food price going up. Not so much on clothes yet. Yet.
__________________________________________________
Dean and I went clothes shopping yesterday, and if you know me, you know that actually going to the store and looking for things, trying them on and then buying them is NOT me. I hate it. But yesterday wasn't too bad, actually. I knew what I wanted. A few pairs of Capri pants and tops to match. I ended up with 3 outfits from Value City, where I used to work. Dean had no luck there. So, off to Walmart. They have redeisgned the store. It's very nice. We no longer have any self checkouts, which sucks. I am sure it is because they were having alot of theft. They also no longer have a men's big and tall department. The bigger sizes are just mixed in with everything else. So, Dean found some shorts, tried them on and then I found some nice button down pullovers to match the shorts. He ended up with 4 pairs of shorts and 5 or 6 shirts, I think. He's not one that buys himself clothes very often, nor am I, so it was a good shopping experience. We also got weed and feed for the lawn, a new portable grill to take for tailgating at the racetrack (again, if we can afford the gas to go) and a new throw rug for in front of the front door in the living room.
____________________________________________
We did go to the races last nite, and it got a bit chilly as the wind was never quitting. e front was going through, so the wind was relentless.
We usually take a cooler with refreshments, and last nite was no exception. I usually take diet mug root beer, but I had made iced tea yesterday, so I took that in a couple of empty water bottles. Big mistake. After the races, we hung out by the fire and talked with our friends. We probably ended up leaving the track at 1:30 a.m. We stopped for gas on the way home, and talked the whole way. When we got home, Dean nestled in on the couch as is his usual, and I put my clothes away. So, I figured while I was doing that, I might as well get rid of some stuff in my closet that I don't wear any more. Well, that lead to me cleaning out all my drawers as well! I just wasn't tired. (caffeine from the tea)
Then I came in on the computer and dinked around, did the previous post, and some other stuff, and finally went to be at 4:15 a.m.! I really shouldn't have drank the iced tea so late in the evening.........I got up at 10:30 today, and cleaned while Dean went to the store and then put the groceries away while he put the weed and feed on the lawn. After lunch, (we skipped breakfast today. Go figure)I took a snooze on the couch while the race and the Penguins game was on. Pens win 2 in a row at home over the Rangers! Goooooooooo Pens! Now I'm tired just thinking about it.
___________________________________________
Seems my grand nephew, Tyler is becoming quite the baseball player. In his last game, he got a ground rule double ( the ball got stuck in the fence) and an over-the-fence homerun! And he was called in to be the relief pitcher and did really well with that! The umpir even gave him his home run ball! Great job, Ty! Keep it up!

Tyler, future MLB-er(?) Could be. They grow 'em good down south!
He's such a great kid! Love ya, Ty!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the comment on my blog. Feel free to pass it along to anyone that has some things they may want to share. I love you bunches - Dar