Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Monday, Tuesday.........

Dancing with the stars is not as fun as it was. Maybe cause the competition has seemed to come to this plateau where they aren't getting any better. No one is really "breaking out" from the crowd.



Shannon Elizabeth was the one to go this week. That leaves us with Kristi Yamaguchi, Marissa Palet, Jason Taylor, Mario, and Cristian De La Fuente.



Each did 2 dances this week. During Cristian and Cheryl's second dance, something pulled in Cristian's arm. Cheryl said she heard something and thought she had torn her dress. No, it was the tendon in Cristian's arm rupturing. Ouch! They did not complete their second dance as he was to hold her in a "drop" but he couldn't. His arm didn't have the strength.



Everyone will really need to bring it next week! Go Marissa! (I have to cheer on the fat girl!)

________________________________________

Okay, here we go with Idol's Neil Diamond week. He has so many songs, it must have been hard to choose. Plus the fact that these kids are young enough, they might not even know who he was! The kids sang 2 songs this week. It was too fast paced for me. I didn't like the show's format. I think the judges should have gotten to give their critique after each song, not on both at once. Even though, we don't where Paula's mind was, as she couldn't decifer between Jason's first song and David Cook's. She thought David's first song was Jason's second? Well, according to her notes..............What really is in that Coke cup of hers?



Round 1.............

Jason sang Forever in Blue Jeans. This was his best EVER! It wasn't great. But it was Jason's best. I was able to hear him and understand all the words. I think the song fit him, too. He always wears blue jeans.

David Cook did I'm Alive. It was awesome! 'Nuff said.

Brooke White did I'm a Believer. Written by Neil Diamond, made famous by the Monkees. Yep the Monkees. I thought she rocked it for as much as Brooke rocks. She could have had more fun with it. She looks so nervous all the time.

David A. Sweet Caroline. Didn't like his version of it. It's a real light ditty and it just wasn't him. It was too slow.

Syesha did Hello Again. She did a nice job. Loved the hair and her dress. It was purple, ya know!



Round 2..........

Jason did September Morn. Back to the same ol' Jason............

David C. All I Really Need is You. It was incredible! Made my eyes tear up!

Brooke. I Am I Said. She should have made this so much bigger than she did. Changing the lyrics to Arizona instead of New York was cute as per Neil's suggestion.

David A. America. Not a good one either.

Syesha did Thank the Lord for the Nighttime. I like it. It was a pretty good rendition.

I think that David C. chose those songs for his brother. That's all I could think of as he sang his 2 selections. I know that's what made my eyes fill up during the second song.

My nephew thought that the reference to being lost between two shores In I Am I Said should have been changed since Arizona isn't on the shore. But, I think the reference was okay because Arizona is definitely between the two shores.......

Can we PLEASE get rid of Jason this week?????? Please people. I voted all my votes for David C. Then I called from Dean's phone and used all those votes for David C. as well. Did ya vote?

You know what they say........If you don't vote, you can't bitch.



1 comment:

--David said...

We don't vote, but we sure like to bitch... :-) I agree - Jason must go! They should have reverse voting - vote for who you want OFF instead of who you like....