Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Paso Doble vs. Viennese Waltz; No time to be idle on Idol; BL is back!

Those that know ballroom, or have watched dancing with the stars, know that the Paso Doble` is much like the Tango in that it is a passionate dance, but instead of being about two lovers in a love, hate, love relationship as is the Tango, the Paso is the dance between a bullfighter and his love and how love conquers all.

Mario, Marissa, Kristi and Adam did the Paso.

Mario looked quite good in the gold suit. He has an infectious smile. He did much better this week than last! It was a pretty good job.
Marissa, again with the Mary Lou Retton, never ending smile, and her Paso was great! Tony gave her really difficult choreography and she nailed it!
Kristi is always good.
Adam Corolla did pretty well and I am sorry that Julienne Hough will not get the 3-peat as champion, but Adam was too tough to train. He is finally gone!

The Viennese Waltz is a beautiful, flowing 3 count dance that is elegant when performed.

Shannon, Jason, Priscilla and Marlee did the Waltz. All of them performed beautifully, though Jason did noticeably stumble, and was still given very high scores! I don't think that was really fair!

But, finally, America has voted and Adam Corolla, the biggest ass since Gilbert Godfried, is gone! Yea!
________________________________________
American Idol is coming down to the point where these kids better really step up! So here's who chose what on "Inspirational" Week:
Michael Johns: Aerosmith's Dream On. I think he pretty much nailed it, but he's not Steve Tyler! He seemed to struggle with the high parts, but then, so do I. Maybe he should have arranged it so he left out that part?
Syesha did Fantasia's Believe. It was a big song, but she did pretty good with it.
Jason's Somewhere Over The Rainbow sounded the same as all his other performances. Sorry, but, he should have done the Judy Garland version and tried to impress us.
Kristy Lee chose Martina McBride's Anyway. I love this sog and Kristy did a GREAT job with it! I don't think there will be a bottom 3 for her this week!
David cook did Innocent. I don't know this song, but I liked it. It was a good performance for him!
Carly Simon did Freddie Mercury's The Show Must Go On. I am not real familiar with this song, but have heard it a few times. I thought she did a really good job with it, but she really needs to smile more, Yes I know it was a serious song.......
David Archuleta sang Angels while accompanying himself on piano. I don't know this song, either, but I though he had 1 little pitch problem, but his big ol' voice came shining through!
Brooke White did Carole King's/James Taylor's You've Got A Friend. Of all the songs for not to play the piano, this should have been the one which she did. all along, I thought her songs have been kind of Carole King-ish, and this one that actually was a Carole Kingsong, fell flat for me. Sorry. (Am I starting to sound like Simon?) Idol Gives Back is tomorrow night, so we wont know results till Thursday............
_________________________________
Boston Legal is back! Yea! I love Denny Crane without pants! His boxers are cool! Wiring himself to cry? You know that was going to go awry! (Yes, I know I'm a poet!)

No comments: