Sunday, April 6, 2008

Something Larger than Life.......

Probably considered one of Hollywood's greatest hunks, Charleton Heston died yesterday at age 84. A ripe age by most standards. He had a very productive career as an actor and a President of the NRA. His movie roles were many including:

Judah Ben Hur in the Movie BEN HUR

Moses in THE TEN COMMANDMENTS

Which were probably his two most known roles. He was in Planet of the Apes, the Naked Jungle, Earthquake, The Three Muskateers, Midway, Soylent Green, Treasure Island, and Alaska, to name a few. He even hosted Saturday Nite Live!

Even though he looks aged here, it's not as old as the age he portrayed Moses to be at 120.

This is probably one of the last public photos of Chuck. He had suffered from Alzheimer's for a few years, and I am sure his looks suffered for it. He leaves a beuatiful wife and two kids, a daughter and a son. His son had the role of the infant Moses in the Ten Commandments!

Most of his roles were those of characters larger than life. The world has lost a talented man.

This last picture reminds me of my dad. I remember when the Ten Commandments would air on TV on Palm Sunday weekend when I was a kid. It was such along movie, they played the first half on Saturday nite and the second half on Sunday. Dad and I watched it every year. I should start doing that again...........

No comments: