Sunday, March 4, 2007

Snow, snow, snow; Daytona; I've fallen and I can't get up!!!


We got a ton of snow the day of the Daytona 500 party. Some of us walked around in the snow, some rode their quad. But we had a great time!
The race finish was incredible! Harvick won over Mark Martin (the sentimental favorite) by a fender! I even was out in the snow a bit! There was a bon fire, so I could go up to it and get warm. I

am suprised that we did not end up having a snow ball fight! The fire was huge and burned for a very long time. The snow came so hard sometimes that you couldn't see! White out! not the kind that corrects mistakes, either! Speaking
of mistakes, Jim got his rig stuck in a ditch trying to make a wide turn in to the driveway! A neighbor with a jeep that was towing a trailer that contained a John Deere tractor pulled the big rig out! Now, Look very closely at the picture of the rig stuck in the ditch. See on the left? (click on the picture to enlarge it, and you can really see) That's our truck in the driveway. Dean brought me down to


the road to take picture of a stuck truck. As I went around the back of our truck to get back in, I get beside the bed and WHAM! my feet fly from under me and I take a hard landing on my butt-tocks! I band on the truck so Dean will come help me up!


So back inside the party, I heal my wounds with some slushies. They were so good. Here's me with the strawberry dacquiries and the slushies.The teal striped thing behind me is the hot tub.(see previous VD post-I told you there would be a hot tub dacquiries and slushies)


And the party went on! We watched the race, ate and drank like fools! There was Ham, Deep fryed turkey, macaroni and potatoe salad, garlic salad, veggie tray, chips, salsa, pretzels, chips and dip, devilled eggs and probably more! Oh, don't forget about those jello shots!

The drive home was interesting with the squawls of white out conditions!

So, monday at work, I was very sore from my fall. I went to the chiropractor and felt better. BUT, my boss asked me if I could keep her dog overnight since her mom was having surgery. I said ok of course.
The next morning when we were leaving for work, he went down the driveway, across the street and into a snowbank in the neighbors' yard. And he wouldn't get himself out. So I start down the driveway to go get him. And guess what? As I get beside the bed of the truck, I don't notice the black ice, and WHAM!! I fell again!! Needless to say, I am still a little sore at this posting.

We went to see the Fabulous Gunslingers last night. Great show. But then, it always is. They are always so appreciative that we come out and see them, so glad to see us. It makes us feel really good. Tom and Lisa went with us. We had a ball. We reserved a table and we sat right on the edge of the dance floor. Man, did we get an up close and personal show! Billy, the lead guitarist who is standing in while Darryl recooperates from his illness, laid the guitar right on our table and just let it scream! It was awesome! Well, now that my husband thinks he has lost me totally to the computer since I have been working on the Daytona party Photo Story most of the day and now I've posted to my blog, I better sign off for today.

1 comment:

--David said...

Cool photostory! :-) When you gonna update yer blog, man!? :-)