Saturday, February 17, 2007

VD

Well, Dean and I had a nice Valentine's day. AS you know from my previous post, It was a snow day for me. Dean had to go to work and fortunately made it without much problem. He was actually the first one in the building and ended up being 1 of only 3 of the 10 or so employees in the restaurant. That made it tough. and can you believe that the people that work in the building (he works in a cafeteria type place housed within PNC bank's First Avenue Building) they couldn't understand why the deli section wasn't open and why they couldn't get hot food or food made to order! They had Dean, Jim the exec. chef for lack of a a better title. It doesn't sound like he does much (cheffing to me. He more a management figure) and the Manager, Cris. I can't believe how non understanding people were considering the weather!

Anyway, I stayed home and shoveled snow (twice) and salted the driveway (twice). I probably shoudl have done a third time, but my back was screaming. So Dean got me earrings and and a necklace the are heartshaped and my birthstone. I've never had jewelry in my birthstone before. At least not good jewelry. I think I lucked out at a bubble gum machine once when I was little and got one of those adjustable rings that had a stone the color of my birth stone.

thursday and Friday were normal at work days. Today we went to breakfast as per our usual Saturday a.m. routine, then grocery shopping and then filled up "Blue". that's what we call the truck. It's Chevy Arrival Blue is the official Chevy color.

Tomorrow is the Daytona 500! WOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOO! We got to Dean's cousin's every year for the annual Daytona 500 Party. It's really a great time! It's like having a Superbowl party and the Steelers are playing every year. Everyone roots for their favorite driver, and some of get some riducule over our choice of favorite driver. (Me and my friend Lisa, because we are Jeff Gordon fans) But, I think that in NASCAR, when you win so much, they either love you or they hate you. They hate you because if you're winning, that means their favorite driver isn't. Plus the fact that he has a GORgeous model of a wife, lots of money, really nice houses, motor homes, boats, cars AND you get to drive a race car for a living. So, I think jealousy has a lot to do with it too.

Anyway, there will be lots of people, food, beverages of all kinds (bourbon slushies, baby!) and dogs and kids. And of course the main event, the race. I usually try to take a dip in the hot tub, not thinkin' so this year. Tooooooo cold. Even though the room has a wood burner, which I usually camp out in front of, I don't think getting out of the hot tub will be fun. Getting out of that warm water, then try and stay warm while you dry, uh-uh.







Here are
some pics from last year's...........
Dean's cousins and us/Dean cutting the ham while cousins watch the race/Mac snoozin' by the hot tub. As you can see, there is a garage door in the background. Well, the party is held in a 3 bay garage attached to his cousin's house. (he's the one with the 3 on his shirt. His name is Rich, but everyone calls him Doodles) We throw darts, and there lots of chairs and tables, a bar, cupboards, a sink, a fridge,a wood burning stove, and the hot tob in this garage. And the 32" TV! It's way cool! (or warm, depending on were you sit).
So, I have to put the macaroni salad together to take tomorrow. Lisa is making some sort of garlic salad, there will be a veggie tray, a cake, some other sides, chips, dip, salsa, a ham cooked on the grill and a deep fryed turkey! Yum-O! Did I mention the Bourbon Slushies? Or maybe strawberry daquiries made with fresh strawberries! Double Yum-O! Maybe some Margaritas? Oh, Have I told you I'm not a big drinker? No, really. I'll have 3 or 4 all day and be the designated driver home. Dean has President's day off, so he can get his groove on. So, we'll be off early tomorrow! Race time is 1, or 2 or 3 (I don't know) but we'll leave our house at 9 or 10 and not be back till way after the race is over! Daytona 500. Gotta love it! Go Jeffie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: