Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Well, it's been a few days ince my last post. And last nite while watching television, There is a commercial for a Heavy duty pick up truck. Foreign. Toyota Tundra, I think. Any way, the commercial has the truck going up a metal grid work ramp that looks like an unpaved bridge deck. The truck is pulling an open cargo trailer and it stated weighs 10,000 lbs. As the Truck reaches the point where the ramp is supported by a very high upright, the ramp pivots so that now the truck is going to go down the ramp. Then near the bottom it comes to a complete halt. Now the tag line says something about the truck being able to haul or tow 10,000 lbs as it ascends the ramp. Then the dialog has a pregnant pause as the ramp pivots. As the truck stops, it says something about the truck being able to stop while hauling 10,000 lbs. Now, if you have ever towed a trailer in your life and are knowledgeable of the laws and the workings of such a trailer, the trailer has to have breaks too if it weighs or hauls over a certain wieght. Our camper weighs 4500 lbs, I think, and it has breaks. So this commercial is aimed at the uneducated who have never towed anything before, so they think, "wow! That's great! That truck stopped (almost) on a dime, downhill, while towing 10,000 lbs!!! The ad people must really think the public is stupid. Any one who would need a truck like that, I would think, has had to do some research. So, if they don't already have a truck that they tow with, and they need to buy this truck, plus the trailer, the salesperson would let them know. Don't cha think?

______________________________________

Well, we have had some of the most significant snow we have had here in the Burgh for quite some time. It snowed about 6 inches yesterday, then turned to sleet, then rain, and today it is back to snow. The thing is that when it rained, that put a layer of ice on everything. My truck was just covered with snow and underneath was coated with ice. I had a heck of a time getting the door open! Since this ice coated everything, the "T" (subway) was shut down due to the ice on the tracks. Therefore, most of the people that work in the factory at my work could not get to work! So, my boss called me this morning and said they were shutting down today! Yippeeeeee! A snow day for me!!!!!!!!So, I figured I'd do this post, work on Jordan's baby journal and just hang out today. I cleared the driveway and salted so Dean wouldn't have to.







This is what it looks like at my house. The footprints in the first picture are mine. I walked around from the front to do the back. And I was walking on the road! Not that you can tell there is a road there! The second picture is off our back deck, looking toward the front end of the house. The third picture is looking at the lane in the winter wonderland. You can click on ony of the pictures to see a larger image. I hope my neighbors don't mind me taking pictures of their houses........
I hope they plow soon.
It's Valentine'sDay. We are going out to dinner. Woody's. It's an Italian/American Restaurant over near the little Boston Bridge. they catered our wedding reception and we try to eat there a couple of times a year. Their Valentine's Day specials are really good.

Well, Hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day. And remember, Be with the ones you love and if you can't be, love the ones your with!!!!
Toodles!

1 comment:

--David said...

I bought my trailer before I bought the truck to pull it. While shopping around, salespeople alwasy asked what I was planning on doing with the truck. I told them I was pulling a 9000 pound travel trailer (it's a 30-footer with slideout). Every single one of them helped me stay away from the trucks that could not handle the load. Of course, my price range had a lot to do with what I ended up with - Ram 1500 Crew Cab with a HEMI. I was told I really needed at leats a 2500, but that this would work as long as I took it easy... The trailer has brakes, and let me tell you that before I adjusted things, the trailer would be stopping the truck LONG before the truck was stopping the trailer! :-) Lots of squealing tires... :-)

Enjoy the snow!