Sunday, March 18, 2007

Hi-tech scrapbooking, Jordan, commercials and Penguins

Well, I know I have not posted in a while (Thanks, Dave, like I didn't know it had been a while since my last update)but, my new found hobby really takes up alot of time. It's called photo story, a nifty program I downloaded (Again, thanks to Dave) that allows me to do my version of scrap booking. High Tech scrap booking, I call it. You open the program, import your own photos (or ones you beg borrow or steal from the internet) add comments and subtitles, and music (Thanks one more time, Dave, for telling me how to get songs from the internet) and it puts it all together in a mini slide show. the cool thing about is that you can pick and choose certain things in each photo for it to focus on and pan to and from, and even the way it changes from one photo to the next. And I don't know if because I am such a novice to this process or I just keep working and working it trying to improve it or what, but it is time consuming! and it's fun! So the time goes by and you don't realize how long you've actually been working on it. So, I did an 8 minute long photo story of the Daytona 500 party. I "borrowed" pictures of the race from Nascar.com, used the pictures I took at the party, and to enhance the length so I could get the songs to end where I wanted, I scanned in some photos from a nascar calendar I have that had alot of Daytona photos in it. I am very happy with the final version, which I will email to my nephew after this posting, since he liked the last version I sent him. But, Dean's cousin's cousin got his rig stuck in a ditch, and then I heard "Find Out Who Your Friends Are" by Tracy Lawrence, Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney, and the first verse fit so perfectly, that I changed it. No more changes to that one though. I'm done! Like I said in the previous post, Dean thinks he's lost me to the computer!
___________________________________
Dean and I had Jordan this weekend. He is such a good boy.He ate really well for me, and played and played with all his toys he has here. I will post some pics after I get them downloaded. We went to Babies R us and got him a new coat and his Easter outfit. I'd like to take him to see the Easter Bunny when I have him again in two weeks. The Santa thing went well, so let's see about the Easter Bunny. We also went to Sarris to get some Easter stuff and Dean wanted ice cream. (They have an old fashioned ice cream parlor right in the store!) And the whole day started out with us going to Waffle House for breakfast. Yum-O. Grits, baby. Love them! Jordan had his breakfast at home here before we left, but we let him have some of my over medium eggs, grits and some waffle. He liked it all! He really is such a good eater! Then Dean put some juice from his lemon for his tea on his finger for Jordan to taste. What a face he made! That was funny, right there.
____________________________________
Have you seen the two commercials that were filmed in front of Pinks out in LA? The one is about a HD TV. The broker calls his guy and wants to know if they want tickets to something(Nicks game, I think) and the other guy says no and goes on and on about all the stuff he can watch in HD on TV.Especially the Nicks. Now, Pinks is a very famous hot dog stand. Celebs go there for supposedly the best dogs in California. So, why is there a guy waiting in line at Pinks that wants to watch the Nicks? Is he New Yorker living in LA, or do they want you to believe the commercial takes place in NY? Hmmmmmm. I can't recall the other commercial with Pinks in it though.
________________________________
Well, the Arena deal for the Penguins has finally been agreed upon by all parties involved. Mario and the Penguins co-owner (whose name escapes me) Dan Onorato of Allegheny County, Luke Ravenstahl, Pittsburgh Mayor, and of course Governor Rendell. So, they will tear down the old St. Francis Central Building and that will be the new site of the new arena. They will build that first, along with the traffic reconfiguration for that section of town, then I guess they will tear down the old arena. I hate to see it go. I have sooooo many memories in that building. My first rock concert, circuses, childrens's shows I took Nick to, Ice Capades, Harlem Globetrotters that I took my parents to see, numerous other concerst, WWF wrestling with Nick, Cyndi Lauper with my sister and my nephews, and the latest was the SouL II SouL tour of Faith HIll and Tim McGraw, not to mention the hockey games. And the Spirit! How many soccer games did we go to? Nick wasn't 3 years old and could name every single player. He even did the introduction of the players with the arena announcer ver batum. Now, the media has been all over this new arena deal thing. Mario even started looking at moving the team. What the media never told you was that the co-owner of the Penguins was the biggest contributor to the National Democratic Committee when Ed Rendell was the Chairman. So, they have a history. So, there was no way that this deal wouldn't be reached in my opinion. And the Birds have been flyin'! they have the best record they've had in a very long time! They are just playin' their little hearts out! A lot of shoot out wins! But, it makes it exciting, it's good for attendance and tv ratings, and it gives the city something else to get behind! Now, if we could get that from those Buccos...................

Are ya happy now, Dave?

1 comment:

--David said...

Yeap! As Mater says, "I'm happier than a tornado in a trailer park!" We went to a LOT of Spirit games! And, the Cyndi Lauper concert was the first one I had ever been to. Brian loved her. Remember the Bangles were booed off the stage? Funny how they became bigger than she was... I hate to see the Igloo go, too... Then again, I hated watching Three Rivers implode, too.... Ah, gotta change with the times I guess.... You know, the whole, "Who Moved My Cheese" thing....