Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Is there a fairy?, Hello, Sun!, Work, Nosmo King

As promised, pics from Jordan's weekend with us.........
























He played and played. With all his toys. But, if he knew I was taking his picture, he came right up to me. Thus the extreme close up! _____________________________________
Is there some sort of fairy or elf that puts a sign on the front of my truck that says " Pull Out in Front of Me; I Won't Hit You!"? How about the one that says "Cut Into My Lane. I Have Great Brakes!"? It's gotta be somethin' 'cause Friday and today people have been really testing my road rage limit. Friday on my way to work, someone pulled onto Lebanon Church Rd. from 885 N., cut across in front of me and made a 3 lane manouver to get into the left turn lane a half a block from where she came on! Freakin' INCREDIBLE! As she skated across in front of me, I had about 2 1/2 feet before I hit her, but still, it kills the momentum, and then I got the red light. But then, so did she. So as I passed her she got the evil stare, when I stopped, I actually (yes, I did) opened the door and stared back at her, then more evil stare as she passed me to make her turn as her turn light changed before mine! God! Some people's kids!
Then today, again on my way to work, some one decides that thay want to change lanes because the cars ahead are making a left hand turn, and will have to stop. There is maybe a car length and a 1/3 between me and the car ahead of me, but it doesn't stop this woman! Errnt.slides right in front of me! What ever happened to safe following distances? They don't exist any more, or people don't believe in them any more or somethin' cause if you leave a little more than a car length between you and the guy in front of you, some one's gonna put their car in there! Wonder if it's just women in Mini Vans? Both were women and both were driving mini vans. (No offense, Shan).
__________________________________
The sun was back in the Burgh today! Hooray, Hooray! I hope it's the last of the snow and spring will spring! It was only 50 degrees today, but as long as the sun is out, I am okay with that!
__________________________________
So, today at work, Wynn, my boss' son, used her Mercedes SUV something or other to run some office errands. Upon his return, he asks his mom what songs she has on the cd that was playing. Turns out, he was curious about Gadys Knight's version of Midnight Train to Georgia and starts really making fun of it and singing it badly. He said that's what it sounds like! The CD happens to be one that he got his mom for Christmas and it's titles Billboard's #1's of the 70's. Now his mom and I were both teenagers i n the 70's. He went down to the car, got the CD, and we played in the computer so he could prove that he wasn't making up how awful the song sounded! It sounded better than I remember it thanks to the digital remastering and it being on CD! So, he scrolled through the other songs on it, and I like 99% of them, so Kenny (my other boss) copied them and burned them onto a CD for me! Wynn couldn't believe it! We were in Kenny's office and singing and groovin'....it was pretty cool for work!
_______________________________
Yes, you read the title correctly. Nosmo King. He was on Paul Shannon's Adventure Time. (played by Paul Shannon as an alter ego) Paul came up with the name when he read a No Smoking sign somewhere. I think he thought that it would sublimally get through to the kiddos' brains and they would not smoke. Just my theory there. Anyway, Allegheny County, which does encompass the City of Pittsburgh and many other townships and municipalities, has a no smoking law. For now, restaurants and bars are excluded, but all other public building are subject to a smoking ban. When the Pirates start the season at PNC park this April, the fans will not be allowed to smoke ANY where in the facility. Not the clubs or anything. No designated smoking areas. The even had a place called the Monte Crist, which was a brandy and cigar bar complete with humodors, but will now be turned in the the 21 Club, a sports bar with a Roberto Clemente theme, thus the number. There has been no smoking in the arean for years now, so that will remain the same, but there will be no designated smoking areas out on the mezzanine as in the past. And no, you are not allowed to leave the building and come back in. As a non smoker with allergies whose parents and brother smoked, I am glad for the ban.

1 comment:

--David said...

Get a HEMI, and you won't have those 'cut-off' problems anymore.. :-)

You are aware that copying the CD is..umm.. not exactly legal, right? LOL, yeah, like I care! :-) And, while I did listen to some Gladys Knight as a kid, I'm not so sure I'd enjoy the songs now... I like my country bubblegum music.. :-) LOL...

I think PNC should at least have a smoking area...