Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Now, Here's MY Sign!!!

Anyone that knows me knows that I have always said "I hate kids." Not kids I know, usually. I love Tyler and Emily. I adore Jordon. I love my co-workers' kids: Caitlin, Roody. Julie, and now Marissa. It's other peoples' kids that I hate. You know the ones. You are in a restaurant and the child at the next table, or in the booth behind you is just a terror! Crying, whining, acting up, won't sit still, kicking the seat and their booth is attached to yours. The ones in the grocery store that are stuck in the damn cart and just want to hold something in the cart or they want a certain cereal or candy and they are doing everything in their power to make their parents give it to them. I am the one at the other table making the hostess seat us somewhere else in the restaurant cause I certainly DO NOT want to listen to that kid all the way through dinner. I am the one in the next aisle at the grocery store yelling up over the shelving unit to the aisle the kid is in screaming it's full head off for the parent (s) to give that damn kid what it wants so it will shut up. There is no excuse for children to act that way in public. Nick didn't do it. Sara didn't do it (according to Dean. I wasn' t there for her childhood). Jordon certainly doesn't do it. Do these children act like this at home? They must be allowed to. That's why they don't know how to act properly when they go out. So, I heard on he radio this morning that a restaurant in the Chicago area has displayed a sign stating that any parent who has a child tht does not behave appropriately and use their inside voice while in the restaurant will be asked to leave the establishment as to not to disturb the other patrons. Now, that's my kind of sign! (Wish I knew the name of that restaurant and the exact verbage of the sign)
Some of the parents in the Chicago area have said that they will never patronize that restaurant again because they feel that the management of the establishment is trying to tell them how to raise their kids! If your kids are that bad, maybe someone should tell you!!!
Well, almost time for "Idol". Gotta go.

1 comment:

--David said...

http://www.abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=2971198&page=1

The restaurant is called "Taste of Heaven" and they have a 'kids section.' Great idea!