Wednesday, November 7, 2007

CMA's; Too much TV; update on Christmas shopping

AND the winner is...........................






Mr. George Strait for song AND album of the year! I've always liked George. Distinguished and eloquent. But what is the difference between song of the year and single of the year? Did I mention Handsome? One of the writers on song of the year was Bill Anderson. He has to be older than dirt! I think he even hosted a game show in the 70's or 80's. But he has been around a long time. I believe my dad had one of his albums.............. Sidebar: speaking of dads, The patriarch of the Osmond clan died on Tuesday morning. George Osmond. 90 years old. 9 kids, 55 grandkids, and 48 great grandkids. I was an Osmond (okay, Donny Osmond)fan when I was a preteen/young teenager. But, ya know, he's still good looking. He has a 2 year old grandson too.

Back to our winners................


Miss Taylor Swift received the Horizon award for being the
newcomer. Only 17, and WOW! Her gown? An Elegant choice.





Miss Carrie Underwood. American Idol Winner 2 years ago. Horizon award last year. Female vocalist AND song of the year with Before He Cheats. Excellent video and an anthem for any girl who's been cheated on! She is so beautiful, eloquent and the gowns she chooses for the ceremony are impeccable! She is like a young Reba McIntyre! Or Loretta Lynn. Once Loretta Lynn was deemed the Queen of Country Music, the gowns she performed in were fabulous! Carrie's got that going on. I could see her having that title someday.

Sugarland. Vocal Duo of the Year? I liked them better on their first song, Love, Your Baby Girl, when the dark haired, dyke lookin' chic was playin' guitar too. They weren't a duo then, though, were they? Not crazy about them, but I do sing along with their songs for the most part. Better than Brooks and Dunn who they knocked for the first time in 6 years? No.




Rascall Flatts got Vocal Group of the year. Better than it being the Dixie Chics.

Musical Event of the Year went to Tracey Lawrence, Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney for Find Out Who Your Friends Are. Was there another musical event?

Brad Paisley. Male vocalist and Video of the year for Online. Got to love him. And his wife is adorable as herself and as Dana on According to Jim.



Kenny Chesney. Entertainer of the year! His summer stadium shows are supposed to great! I used to like him alot, but when he and Renee Zellweger got their marriage annulled, I didn't like him as much anymore.

So, after two hours of alot of stuff I could have done without, another CMA is put to bed.

________________________________________

So, I'm sure that those of you that read my blog regularly have noticed it's been over a week since my last entry. Well, with all the new shows on TV, I just haven't been able to tear my butt away from it to come in here and post. By the time I get home from work, have dinner, do dishes, feed the dogs and let them out, I about have time to check email and news and that's it. This weekend we had Jordan, and that just takes all my time as he's always on the go and "exploring". My mother called it "getting into things". But he doesn't know what he's allowed or not allowed to do until he "explores" the territory and finds out. If he's not told no, then it's ok to do. And then, unlike my nephew, I am not usually on the computer late at night. This post is at a most unusual time for me.

_________________________________________

My Christmas shopping update. I have gotten one more thing for my sister and I've gotten my brother's gift. I tried to order Dave's, but the darn thing is sold out! Can't get it anywhere! Who knew this item would be THAT popular? I haven't given up yet though. I am hoping more will come in. So, that brings me to Emily, Shan, my brother and one guy in the office, my friend Lisa and her husband Tom that have a big done stamp on them. AMEN! I still have Patty, my sister in law, 3 office gifts, Mark and Angela (Dean's brother and his girlfriend), Vince (Dean's other brother), Sara, Nick, if hasn't gone to the service by then, and to finish Dean and Jordan to finish as well. But I do have the list made for Jordan and that's a big step and help!

Well, I'm off to bed! The time change is really screwing with me. It's a little easier to get up in the morning when it's somewhat light out, though. I hated getting up in the dark.





No comments: