Friday, November 16, 2007

More of "Oh, crap", but first.......



Have you seen this? It is great. All the major players and coaches from the start of the team through present day. Really nice.


Speaking of the Steelers, 2 weeks ago, they kicked serious Baltimore Butt! Last week, they struggled and with a little persistants and luck, Cut Cleveland off at the knees. Dean and I went to the club to meet Tom and Lisa (shown below with Dave P. on the left) and had drinks, watched the game in HD on the huge Plasma TV. It was awesome. Lots of cheers on ohs. It remided me of the times when my brother worked at Steak and Ale on 51 (Toys R Us is there now) and we go there to watch the plyoff and Superbowl Games back in the 70's and early 80's.

Anyway, things were going pretty smoothely at work with the computer today, or so I thought. It seems it is not exactly like it was before it crashed. And I find out that I haven't had a valid back up since 02/06! How much does that suck? Hopefully the guys at InSinc will be able to extract the info off of my hard drive and I will be able to have all my info again. But, I don't know why the back up changed. I used to be able to open Sonic, click on Parker Plastics, then click add and click the big red button and it backed up. I never changed how I did it from day one of getting a computer at work (that's another story). But, obviously, something changed in Feb. of 06 and I never knew it. When I make this discovery, guess who I call. Yep. Dave. I had to leave him voice mail, cause he was moving shelving or something at work. One of his many hats he wears at work, I s'pose. Anyway, he call me back and I tell him what i discovered and stuff and I get "oh, Crap" again. The more I tell him, the worse it gets and I even got a "Holy Crap" at one point. Holy crap, I think, is worse than Oh crap. But with what I tell him I have found and what it's doing as far as where it's storing my backup, which is on the hard drive and not on the disc I put in, he tells me how to get from the hard drive to back up on the disc. I am thinking" no wonder my hard drive went!" I was able to do today's work, finish the rest of the other work that was piling up on my desk from last Thursday till now waiting for the computer to be funtional again, got all my filing done, and my desk looks back to normal again! Thank God! But while I was going through some stuff in the one drawer of my desk, I found the Windows XP disc that came with the computer! I wouldn't have had to wait for a disc from Dell at all if I had known I had that! For some reason, it wasn't with all the other computer stuff I had--all the other discs and the printed manuals and such. Hmmmmmmmmm. Well, now we know if that ever happens again! Holy Crap!

No comments: