Thursday, November 15, 2007

WoooooooHoooooooo!; Yea!; BB; Gloom, Despair and Agony on me

Well, today I was finally able to load the contents of my back up into my computer and get it functional. The thing is that I lost all my Word documents. I am hoping that when the InSinc people extract the info from my old drive that that will all come back. Will it, Dave? Dave. I don't call him the Guru for nothing. He is all knowing. Anyhoo, I was able to enter the back log of manually typed orders that I had for this past week. I made a big dent in my pile already today and tomorrow will be even better! I just have dig further to see what info I have actually lost, if any. My custom layouts for my Invoices and Packing Slips were still there, but I had to redo the company logo, name and address so it would print on those forms as well. don't know why it lost that..........But, Wooohooooooo I am back folks!
_______________________________________

Oh, while we are on woohooing things........No bout of Road Rage today!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yea! :-)
_______________________________________
It doesn't suck to be me today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
_______________________________________

It sucks to be this guy.......





Well, Barry Bonds was indicted for his involvement with Steroids, aka performance enhancing drugs. Now, the Giants don't want him back next year. He has been using Steroids since Lord knows when. He first tested positive in 2001. 2001! That's over 6 years ago! So, why indict him now. Why should the Giants get rid of him now? Oh, because now it's not acceptable to do steroids? I have never liked Barry Bonds. Even when he played for the 'Burgh's Pirates, I didn't like him because he never said anything nice or positive about our city or team. It was a paycheck and a stepping stone for him I think because he always wanted to play for the Giants. Because that's who his dad played for. But, just because I don't like him, I still don't believe that the powers that be should make him the poster child for steroid use in baseball. There are so many others that you don't even hear about.............It just seemed that on tonight's news, they were acting like it's the first time it ever happened. Like who hasn't known Bonds, Sammy Sosa and Mark McGuire weren't doing 'roids? PA-----leeeeez!

Oh, by the way? The Washington Wildthings --that's the AAA ball team here that plays at Falconi Field in Washington, PA, has offered Bonds a contract. I think the pay is something like $1400 a month for the summer months that they train and play only, not for the whole year. Like I said, sucks to be this guy.
_______________________________________
Well, not gloom or despair but definitely agony. Yesterday and today I had to get up in the middle of the night (4 a.m.) to take Dean to work. They had big breakfast parties they were catering that had to be out by 6:30 or something and in order for him to get all he had to do done, he had to go in a half an hour early. Usually, he takes the bus into town, but the first bus(the one which he is always on in the mornings) doesn't come until 5:10. No good. So, he drives his car to leave it at the park and ride, I pick him up, drive him to work and come back home. I can go back to bed for two hours! This morning, I did just that, but when I went to get up outta bed, I was lying on my left side as per my usual, and tryed to push myself up into a sitting position with my left elbow. Follow me, here. Well, just as I get about a third of the way vertical, WHAM! pain in my shoulder blade! I manage to get through work by taking 800mg Motrin with my morning coffee and again right after lunch. It still hurts now but has crept up into my neck. When I was successful at the reloading of my backup on my computer today, I threw my arms up and hollered WooooooooHOOOOOOOOOO! then immediately said goddamit with about as much excruciating pain as I have felt in a very long time. Wooohooo was a big mistake. Huge! It's hell to get old. You never know when the ol' body is going to play tricks on ya. I guess I'll go see if I can get Dean to use the massager on it that Shan and Dave got us for Christmas a few years back. We really use the hell out of that thing. Then I'll get him to put Ben Gay on it. Love that stuff too..............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your comment about Bonds. That was toooooo cute.

-Shan