Saturday, November 10, 2007

WooooHooooo!/Nani (rhymes with Donny)

This is one of the things I wanted to get Jordan for Christmas. Simple, right? A tricycle. your basic steel and chrome with rubbery hand grips and real rubber wheels. I found it online at KB toys and thought they would have in the store at the mall. Wrong. Toys R Us doesn't have one either. They have a retro Radio Flyer brand that just didn't appeal to me as far as the style. I wanted one as close in style as I could get as the one I had when I was little. It was the Cadillac, no, LEXUS of tricycles. So, we did get alot of things at Toys R US and other than some clothes, there is one more thing I want for him. It's the Mater chair. Ya know Mater. From Cars. The chair says like 6 or so Mater sayings when you sit in it. Really Cool. So, we got him Tuff Rumblin Dump Truck and the Frontloader-tough plastic by Fisher Price, but are about the size of the big Tonka dump truck. Sesame Street Tub windups-Ernie's speedboat and Elmo's submarine, A radio controlled truck, and Racin' Ramps Garage(my nephews had the original version of this when they were little)--All made by Fisher Price and age appropriate! I am such a good shoppin' Nani! (Rhymes with Donnie-it's what Jordan calls me). So, I go online when we get home to see if anyone has this tricycle in the store. NOPE. Online only. KB had it listed when I found it the first time for $29.99 and free shipping. Well, everyone must of jumped on that, cause I couldn't find it today! Not even a disclaimer that said they were out of stock or anything. So, I resort to a web search and find it for $33 + 7.95 shipping at Baby Bungalow.com. So, I talked to Dean and he said if it made me happy, get it. So, it should be on it's way. WooooooooHooooo! So, I guess this was a Christmas shopping update as well.
____________________________________
Well, you might wonder why DOES Jordan call me Nani? It's actually the name I picked for him to call me when he was born. I didn't want to be Gram, MiMi, Mam ma, mawmaw, granny, grandma or anything like that. Bob had an Aunt from Hawaii whose name was Nani. She was married to his Uncle Chuck-Frank's(Bob's dad) brother. I loved that woman! She was such a great lady! And I liked her name as much as I liked her, so that's how I picked that. Her and Uncle Chuck and their 3 kids lived in California. The one son was actually Mr. Hawaii or something like that at one time and Aunt Nani was a descendant of King Kamayamaya (sp?). Just in case you were wondering................

1 comment:

--David said...

Well, actually, I was wondering if you tried eBay for the trike... Oh well, doesn't matter now, eh! :-) And you have not learned anything from your sister - buying age-appropriate toys, what's the matter with you? Don't you know that as a Granny, it is your right - nay, OBLIGATION - to buy toys that are "too old" for your grandkid? Mom will be so disappointed.... (sigh) LOL!!