Saturday, October 27, 2007

Christmas Shopping; How stupid can you be?; Senior Bowler

Well, it's that time of year again. Summer is over, Halloween is in a few days, Thanksgiving will be upon us before we know it, and then WHAM! it's Christmas. I hate fall because all the color of the world turns to gray and brown. The trees lose all their leaves and our beautiful surroundings become bleak. It also means that the snow is not far away and I really hate snow. Actually it's the cold I hate. The snow is very pretty. I just wish I didn't have to go out in it. Plus, fall is the season in which my dad died. October 29th, 1998. It's been 9 years. The year he died, I was Christmas shopping at Walmart and had the worst anxiety attack right in the middle of the store. I couldn't breathe, I got really hot and started sweating, I thought I was going to pass out! So, I ran out of the store leaving my cart full of stuff right in the middle of the store! I was better wonce I got to the car (I had my tracker at the time) and even better when I was on my way home. I went back at 2 in the morning and was able to shop. Ever since then, I have done Christmas shopping on line or out of catalogs. My goal is always to be done by Thanksgiving. But, I never really meet that goal entirely. I usually have the Quillens (my brother and sister in law) done, the Arkansans done, and Dean's brothers done by then. So, it's really not too bad, I guess. I have pretty good handle on it this year already. Emily and Shannon are done. I know what I am getting Dave, I just have to order it. I have a few things for my sister, just need 1 or 2 more, then her boxes of Tea bags. I always send her Red Rose tea. It's the best and you can't get it in Arkansas. Remember the monkey that played the piano on the commercial and sang Red Rose, Red Rose, Red Rose in a voice that was similar to Jimmy Duratne's? I have our friends Lisa and Tom done. And I have Dean and Jordan started. Can't think what to get ol' Tyler boy. I have 1 out of 4 office gifts, so that's one more person done, I know what I am getting my brother, again, I just have to order it. Don't know what we're getting Sara yet. And it's prolly a gift card for Dean's bro Mark, then there's Vinnie. Last year we got him a subscription to Dirt Late Model Magazine. Don't know 'bout this year. So, all in all, I've got a pretty good start this year. I'll keep ya posted.......................
_____________________________________
So, how stupid are some people? In the Trib the other day in the section called p.m. Nation, a man named Robert Gillespie was apparently reading a text message while driving his car at 2 a.m. in Eugene, Oregon. Police say Gillespie's car crashed into the side of a Union Pacific freight train. His 38th birthday was the day before and he was on his way home from an evening long celebration when the crash occurred. They found him trapped in the car, but alert and talking. This is when they found out about the text message. He was charged with a DUI and careless driving.........................
In Carson City, Nevada, a killer's execution was halted 90 minutes before he was set to die amid arguments from death penalty opponents that the state should wait until the U.S. Supreme Court reviews the constitutionality of death by lethal injections. The NEVADA Supreme Court issued a stay of execution to William Costello who beat an elderly woman to death with a tire iron. Costello said he was ready to die for what he did and declined to make appeals to his death sentence. Now why on God's green earth would death by lethal injection be considered unconstitutional? The poor woman he beat with a tire iron? Was that constitutional? We ought to go back to hangings, firing squad, and the electric chair! Come on people!
___________________________________
I have had a comment posted to my "What is a Hillbilly" blog by someone who calls themself "Senior Bowler". Now, I found it a little unsettling that someone commented on blog that I do not know. Or maybe I do know them. Is it some one I bowl with every other Saturday that is older than me, or has bowled longer than me or is a better bowler than me? The latter is not hard to do. LOL. Anyhoo, when I read who the comment was from, I had a slight wave of panick. Should I not have pictures of my family on here? Should I not share such personal thoughts on here? Should I not say where I work, or shop or where I live? Should I not say things about the locations of the races we go to? With all the identity theft and people being stalked and perhaps killed after someone has read their "My Space" or My Face page or even this type of blog, it makes me feel a little uneasy..........................Senior Bowler, just let me know who you are!!!

1 comment:

--David said...

I wouldn't wig out about having random, anonymous people posting comments. Especially after I looked at the comment, I thought it was no biggie.. On the other hand, you do have to be careful about what you post because there are wackos out there that will use the info against you given the chance. How do you decided what to do? I dunno, the "tech" in me says not to post ANY personal info ever. The "human" in me says proceed with caution.