Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Spiders are not aerodynamic;Dallas sucks

You know how when you drive you sometimes get a little hitchhiker on your windshield? The other day, I had a bee on the windshield. He rode for quite a while, or until I got up to about 50 mph, anyway. Since bees fly, I figure they must be pretty aerodynamically shaped in order to get through the headwind when they fly to the hive and to the flowers.

Today, I had a little, tiny spider hitchin' a ride. Problem is, he didn't get far. I think I was only up to 15 or 20 mph, and the little guy blew off. Not aerodynamic at all. Hope he didn't get hurt when he fell...........
_________________________________

We have a football pool at work every week. $5 per week and you get a paper with all the team matchups for that weekend's games + the Monday night game. Well, I rocked this week and got 11 of 13 right (excluding the Monday game). The thing is, the boss' son had 12, but had picked Dallas for tonight's game where I picked Buffalo. So, if Buffalo wins, I have 12 as well and we go to the tie breaker which is guessing the total points scored in the Steeler game. The one closest without going over wins in the event of a tie. If everyone guessed over, then it is just who was closest. Well, it was a tough game, and Dallas got a TD, 2 point conversion, the recovered their own onside kick, then, with 2 seconds left, got a field goal to beat Buffalo 25 - 24. Dallas totally sucks........

1 comment:

--David said...

I hope the little spider died a horrible, terrible, traumatic death... You know, me and spiders have a love-hate relationship: they love to bite me and I hate going to the doctor...