Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Sonic Boom!; Heat Index; not myself

The Pittsburgh area is experiencing a Sonic Boom. This is not like the kind in the sixties when I was little and the jets went faster than the speed of sound and it went BOOM! This is the best kind of Sonic Boom! We are actually getting our first Sonic Drive in in the Pittsburgh area!

It will open at the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills Mall, just north of Pittsburgh on Route 28. Now, it's not as close to us as the one near my sister's house, but it's a start. I think if it does well there, that there will be others opening in the area soon. Perhaps at the Waterfront, which would be fairly close to us and enable us to get those wonderful Vanilla Cokes and Cherry Slushies!

Those cold drinks would sure help us about now. With the Heat index being around 98 degrees and all. If you don't know what a heat index is, it's how hot it feels with the actual temperature + the humidity. I don't know the exact formula, but I know it was bad enough that work shut down and didn't have second shift.

And I think that heat and humidity has really taken a toll on me. I really haven't felt like myself for over a week and a half now. We want to go camping this weekend. The humidity is supposed to drop on Friday, so, I hope so. Usually when we are going to go camping on the weekend, I clean the house and do the laundry the week before. I get up when Dean goes to work and clean 1 room every morning and simultaneiously do a load or 2 of laundry. I haven't done it and tomorrow is thursday already. I'll try to get something done in the morning and I have Friday morning, too. We'll see. Maybee camping will make me feel better too.

Sidebar: My sister went to San Antonio on a vacation with her friend Julia. She had a great time and sounds like her ol' self again. Now she's off to Little Rock to shop for school stuff. Their kids go back on the 20th! She has to be back on the 15th! But, that will keep her busy and into her old routine and I think she will be better as the school year progresses. It's Christmas I worry about. That will be rough for her. Maybe she could come to Pittsburgh?......Like the day after? Dean and I are off work that entire week. It would be perfect. Just a thought. Maybe some of the Arkansans that read th is could put that bug in her ear....................

2 comments:

--David said...

Congrats on your first Sonic!! :-)

I think I forgot to fill you in about my leg... I had posted a picture or two on my blog... I had been playing paretns-vs-kids baseball with Tyler's team and demonstrated the wrong way to slide into third. Nasty rug-burn filled with dirt etc. Now, it's all healed except for the permanent pink scar tissue that will serve as a reminder that I am not as young as I once was AND that I'm no afraid to take fall in the name of fatherhood... :-)

Anonymous said...

Love you blog and seeing the pictures of Jordan. Most of all I love seeing the Picture of Jerry and me. thank you for putting him on your blog. I know you miss as I do - some days more than I can bear. Seeing the picture on your blog always helps me. Thank you - your loving sister - Darlene