Monday, August 27, 2007

Counting further down; Jordan; What a day!

Well, at this post it is 4 days, 7 hours and 36 minutes till we leave for Eldora at 7 am on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had Jordan this weekend and we were so busy, I didn't take any pictures! I am an awful Nonnie (that's what I want Jordan to call me) We had alot of fun, though. I picked him up on Friday after work and we came home. He played with all his toys, pulling everything out of his toybox! the Popcorn popper, the Fisher price barnyard, the airplane, the race car. the farm truck, the stacking rings, and the shape sorter ball! I had shaped blocks and stacking rings from one end of the house to the other!
Saturday morning we went out to breakfast per our usual. Jordan had cheesy scrambled eggs, milk, applesauce, bacon and home fries! Then off to order my new glasses at the opticians, and to Kohl's to get Dean new kickers. Then to the produce store for some mushrooms, plums, a lemon and salami. (they have a deli, too!) Home for a nap, then Dean made dinner. Porterhouse steaks on the grill, sautee'd mushrooms and hashbrowns. While Dean was browning the taters, Mr. Jordan walks into the kitchen, put his little hands on his hips and just starts babbling at Dean! It was like he was saying "Isn't dinner ready, yet? I'm hungry!" And he must have been hungry cause he ate about half of the filet out of my steak, some hash browns and some mushrooms! I was stunned!
Sunday, we had waffles and milk for breakfast. Jordan had some yogurt and milk with his waffle. Then he played till nap time. After nap time it was off to Aunt Donna's for a swim. Jordan loved it. I asked him if he wanted to get out of the pool and he said no. I asked him if he wanted to be done swimming and he said "No, not done". So, he can talk, but he does that jabberin' most of the time. Can't wait till all that becomes real words! Then it was out of the pool, a quick lunch for Jordan and then we had to take him back home.
Dean and I watched the Steeler game until half time, then it was bed time for us. Final Score: Steelers 27 Eagles 13. Niiiiiiiice.

Today at work, I was pretty busy. They day flew by! It was 5 to 12 before I knew it! Then I got lunch at 1:30. Then it was 3:00 before I knew it, the 4:12-time to get stuff put away so I could leave at 4:30 which is my normal quitting time. Went and got the tires rotated on the truck, picked up my new contacts, then home. Had dinner and started cleaning so that the house is all done when we leave on Saturday morning.

Now its 4 days, 7 hours and 17 minutes. Can ya tell I look forward to this trip?

1 comment:

--David said...

I think your watch may be a little off... You may want to synchronize it with the nuclear atomic clock... :-)

Sounds like you had a blast with Jordan!! I hope the time until you leave passes quickly, but that you get to enjoy the trip and it not go by so fast you miss it! :-)

Reading about the salami made me hungry for a salami sandwich... I know what I'm buying this weekend! :-)