Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day, a Bumper sticker I read....

Well, I had a nice surprise on Mother's day, but turned into an unpleasant task. Nick called me from where he works in South Carolina. Actually, he text messaged me Happy Mother's Day! and I called him back. I got his voice mail, then he called me back. Tallk about phone tag! So, I had the unhappy experience to tell him about his Uncle Jerry. He called his Aunt Darlene and was very upset. Understandably. Uncle Jerry is the reason taht we got into Spirit Soccer. Nick was only 2 1/2, not even potty trained when we started going to games. He knew every single player and named them word for word and with the same intonations as the announcer at the arena as the players were introduced. We got so many soccer balls from the players! It was a great time! We used to ask Nick "What does Uncle Jerry say?" he woudl answer "Coke is it!" We sould laaaaugh. the phone tag and the unhappy task all happened while Dean and I were in line to be seated at the Mother's Day buffet we go to every year. The Comfort Inn on Rodi Road in Penn Hills. They have a banquet room/lounge called the Seasons Room and Inndigo Room. Inndigo. A play on words there, eh? The food and service always exceptional. Prime Rib, Ham, Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans Almondine, Pasta something, Turkey Tettrazini, and Lemon Pepper Sole. Strawberry and Romaine Salad with Poppy Seed dressing, tossed Salad, Ceasar Salad, a variety of rolls, and desserts out the wazzoo! YUM-O!
________________________
I saw a bumper sticker on my way home from work today. "If Mary were Pro Choice, we wouldn't have CHRISTMAS!" I think people are taking the Pro Choice thing the wrong way. If you are Pro Choice, it doesn't mean YOU choose to have an abortion. It doesn't mean You Choose to not have an abortion. If you are Pro Choice, it just means that people have a right to choose what's best for them. But I think the statement is more ridiculous than that for the fact that the people in Biblical times didn't even know what abortion was, let alone make a choice about it! The medical people back then, well, were scary if they even existed! They didn't go to college or Med School! For cryin' out loud. They weren't educated people. All they had was the little religion that was taught them and the fear of God. All they had was Moses and the tablets. That was WAY before Jesus was born. It was way before Mary or Mary's mother was born! The bumper sticker just struck me as an odd thing to say is all.

1 comment:

--David said...

OMG! I forgot all about "Coke is it!" That is so funny!! Man, we used to make Nick say that all the time! :-)

I am a Christian, and I think that bumper sticker is the dumbest thing I have heard of in a while. Like you said, just because someone is Pro Choice, it does not automatically mean they are "abortion only." Stupid. I do not believe people should have abortions (except maybe in some extreme medical situations) because I believe that every life has a reason for being here, no matter 'how' they got here. But, that's just MY opinion. See, I also believe in the freedom to believe what you want to believe, so long as you are not ramming it down my throat.... I don't ram it down other's throats, I'm just asking for the courtesy. :-) (My Aunt does NOT ram anything down my throat, I am NOT talking about her!)