Thursday, May 24, 2007

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday......

Well, as most of you know, I haven't been posting about trivial things like reality shows lately. I just couldn't. Being still emotional about Jerry's sudden death has really taken a toll on me. My eyes still well up when I think of him. My sister is doing as well, if not better than I expected. she was such a worry wart when my mom was sick, but not over my mother's health issues, as much as she was about how my dad would be if anything happened to my mother. I think he would have been alright eventually, just as she will. I have gotten reports from my sources that she is eating more than just Lean Cuisines. So, that's good. My son is going to visit her over this holiday weekend and through next week. So that will keep her occupied. Then she's having surgery, and that will keep her occupied too for a while. Not, pleasantly, however.

Sooooooooo. Monday brought the end to The Bachelor. Handsome Lt. Andrew Baldwin chose Tessa. She is pretty, almost Polynesian looking, and I think her feelings for Andrew are sincere and she wasn't in it just to win. I really thought it was going to be Bevin, but I was sure wrong!r. I hope it works out for them. It seems it never does on those shows. Like Joe Millionaire. They certainly went their separate ways! Zora (the winner) does weight watcher commercials. Like she was even fat to begin with in her size 10! Now she claims to be a 4 due to weight watchers.Hmmmmmmm.

Tuesday, the finale of Dancing with the Stars. The three finalist were Laila Ali, the female heavyweight boxing champ and the daughter of boxing great Muhammad Ali, who ended up in third place, was really quite good as time went on. Since she is a heavyweight boxer, she is much bigger than those little, petite professional dancers. Therefore, her professional dance partner never could do lifts with her because of her size. Did that hurt her score? I really don't think so. She had charm and grace and when it called for it, she had that hippy hippy shake! Joey Fantone of NSYNC fame wound up in second place. He was a true showman and very entertaining to watch. And during the process of this show, he shed a good many pounds! He looked great in the last few weeks of the show! And the winner was Apolo Ohno, the Olympic Gold medalist for speed skating. He deserved it. He worked hard and was very fluid on the floor. His moves flowed and once he got the pointers from Len Goodman in the practice studio, he was even better. He wasn't a pigeon toed dancer anymore!

Wednesday brought us the final 2 hour American Idol. After much ado that was somewhat boring and unnecessary, the new American Idol is Jordin Sparks! She is so awesome. 17 years old, the daughter of a bi racial couple and can sing her patutie off! Her version of This is My Now was phenomenal. She was so emotional when she sang it, that at the end her eyes filled up and her voice cracked that she felt the words in her heart. THAT's a singer. When you feel the in your heart the words that you singing, that's when it's best. I think that her performance of that song on Tuesday put the nail in Blake's coffin. But Blake will do well in his own right with his beat boxing. It is not my taste in music. I couldn't listen to a CD of ten songs or so and they were all beat boxing songs. Jordin? Could probably listen to her all day!

So, now that we've had all the finales, it will be back to summer reruns. Yuck. But, it will give me a chance to see some shows that I missed the first go round. I'll be able to catch the NCIS shows I missed because of Idol.

Tonight, there was nothing on new. I watched part of the re run of Ugly Betty. Then dean and I rode to Dairy Queen to get ice cream. My new thing is a banana split, but not in the traditional sense. I just like the banana, vanilla soft serve topped with hot fudge. No whipped cream. No nuts. No strawberry or pineapple toppings. Dean always gets soft serve vanilla with a cup of cherry topping on the side. Then mixes it himself when we get home. And of course we got baby cups for the dogs!!!!

Tomorrow (Friday) I guess I will be able to catch Ghost Whisperer, Close to Home and Numbers. Love those! Jennifer Love-Hewitt is so cute and plays her role as Ghost Whisperer so well. Close to Home is about a prosecutor's office and it's workings and set in Indiana. Numbers is an FBI show whose agent's brother is a mathematical genius and helps him solve crimes using those math skills. Oh, the genius? Played by the guy who played the head elf in the Santa Clause. Very cool. So, hopefully they won't be ones I've already seen. And hopefully I can catch them. We are mulching the yard tomorrow after work. I will stop and pick up a load on my way home from work since I am the one that drives the truck everyday. Besides, the supplier is right on my way home! Saves a trip. And GAS!!! 3.09 a gallon! Ridiculous! I don't know what they expect people to do. And the Big Oil companies reported record breaking profits for the first quarter. AGAIN! the government needs to step in and put a stop to that!

No comments: