Monday, August 17, 2009

We'll Never Know Why




Tanya Flinner
1993-2009



Another young--very young--life has been lost in my racing community. Tanya, 16 years old, was in a car accident on August 12th. She was treated and released at the hospital ER. Went home, went to bed, woke up and told her dad she had a bad dream. Her sister, Taylor, went into the room and found Tanya not breathing. I don't know why the hospital released her, what they didn't find, what the bad dream was, or how long she had been not breathing when Taylor found her.
Why are the young people dying? Is it when your number's up, your number's up? Why did my dad die? Why did my brother in law die? They weren't in bad health. But things happen and I guess we'll never know the reasons. It just makes me so sad that a young, beautiful girl like this has been taken from this earth.









Taylor, John (Dad) and Tanya
Flinner

No comments: