Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Details, Details


Our truck (we call 'er Blue) is now 5 years old. From that many seasons at the dirttrack, she had track dust in nooks and crannies that even I couldn't clean. So, Dean wanted to have her detailed. We took her just up the road from our house to a little place called "Attention II Detail.
We had them Clean, degrease and Armorall the engine compartment, clean the interior, including carpet and upholstery, wash, claybar and wax the exterior. Claybar is cool. It gets rid of all those imperfections in the finish. It even feels different. The only word I can use to describe it when you touch the paint is soft. It makes it sooo smooth! We had a $25 off coupon from the Clipper Magazine! Dean had gotten his Deep Purple CD stuck in the truck's player, so they charged us $25 to get it out. that meant they had to take the dash apart to get inside the player. Apparently the gears that insert and eject discs are stripped. So, it only cost $149.99 plus tax! We thought it ws a deal! And the guys are nice and professional!



______________________________________________

The lady I have been "taking care of" since getting laid off is in the hospital, so I've had yesterday and today to tend to other things. Yesterday, I went to the hospital to see her among other things. Today, I finished up the laundry and was watching the tube. QVC had a purse that I just loved! So, I bought it! Then I felt guilty for spending money on myself. I'm crazy, I know. I usually don't buy myself anything. I hate to clothes shop, so, it has to be real bad for me to buy myself clothes. We always pay our bills first, then if and when there is money left, we either put it away or it needs to go for a vehicle repair, gas, some unexpected home repair or something. Spending money on ourselves is always last. The most frivolent thing we've ever done is have the truck detailed. And big purchases, like the camper, was bought with our income tax return that year. I guess it's just me. It's not like my husband EVER says anything about me spending money on myself. I know some husbands ask their wives what did that out fit cost, or "another pair of shoes?" but not Dean. Never. I sent him a text after I ordered the purse and he text back "Cool!" How many husbands do that? It's just me. I know it's me. Maybe my sister's not the only one with a defective gene!

1 comment:

--David said...

Man, the truck looks great! I've ben wanting to get mine detailed, and I think you just convinced me to do it!