Sunday, August 9, 2009

A hero is gone........







Tim Folmer Katterson
1984-2009








Tragic to think that ones so young die for whatever reason. He seemed like a good kid, but I didn't know the real Timmy, I guess.
Dean and I only knew him a year. Last year when that guy sucker punched Dean and split his lip, then I punched that guy, Tim stepped in front of me cause he saw the guy cock back to hit me. He said to the guy,"If you hit her, I will f***in' knock you into next week!" From then on, I called him "My hero". I barely knew him when that happened, but after that, we saw him at the track every week and he would hang at the camp or at the fire with us. He was even with us at our after race party at the end of June up in Lernerville (Butler).
He never caused any trouble around us, he always had that smile on his face and was always glad to see us!
They said he OD'd. I have to think it was accidental. There was no note or anything. Just too much of whatever and his brother found him in their mom's backyard and he was rushed to the hospital. They did everything they could for him and he was on life support. He had bodily functions for a while, then they did a brain scan and there was no activity. His mom, of course was hoping for a miracle. The doctors did some tests, but nothing stimulated any brain waves.....
They were advised to pull the plug on the life support. Timmy passed in a very short time after that. I was deeply saddened to have lost a friend who was so new.

No comments: