Thursday, November 20, 2008

The new Sonic Boom



Good Morning! Yes it is an early one for me if you note the time of this post at the bottom there. I had to get up at 3:45 am to take Dean to work for a 4:30 am start. They are in their busy time at Parkhurst @ PNC 1. Alot of schmoozing going on with bigwigs and whatnot. As you may or may not have heard, National City Bank has been in financial trouble with all the bad mortgages they have out. The government gave the $7,000,000,000.00 That's 7 BILLION dollars to bail them out. So, now that their bad mortgages are settled, they are now being bought out by PNC. I don't know if that is who all the schmoozing is for, but I think it may be part of it. And the holiday season is fast upon us, and I believe that has something to do with it too. Parkhurst caters alot of parties for some fancy smancy occassions. Here are some things that they did for a reception for Governor Rendell's wife..............



Individual cheesecakes, plated and finished with a swirl of whipped cream and a curl of white chocolate on top, berries and slurry around the plate.



Here is part of the spread for that party. A table full of mini pastries and fruit. Chocolate covered strawberries, pecan diamonds, mousse cups, lemon curd tartlets, pate squares, and the other table has assorted pies and cakes! Doesn't it look beautiful? and Yummy, too! The fruit included star fruit, strawberries, mango, cantelope and honey dew..........See the honey dew that was carved into a swan? Really cool.




















Some closeups of 2 of the cakes on the table. Strawberry torte and raspberry torte.

My husband is so talented...........

______________________________________________________________
Anyway, my point of this particular post was to let you know that yet another Sonic drive in has opened in the Greater 'Burgh area. This one's in Bridgeville in the Chartiers Valley shopping plaza. I must say it was not the best we've had at Sonic. The burger had way too much mustard and the tomatoes were not ripe at all, which made them kinda bitter. But I had my DVC (diet vanilla coke) and it was very good. The onion rings seemed to be lacking as well. They weren't cooked enough and the onions were tough and hard. We will give it another shot someday though. Bridgeville is way closer than Pittsburgh Mills Mall........ Can we get one at the Waterfront, please?

Well, I've rambled on long enough today. I better get my shower and get ready for work. Ugh.
I think my new goal will be a post a week. That's a reasonable goal. If there's more I need to share, I'll post more often that once a week. Post a day? I don't know if I have that much to say........

No comments: