Thursday, November 6, 2008

It's OVER!; Wrong words

The election is over. We have a president who will take office on January 20th who is the first bi-racial to serve as president. Yes. BI-RACIAL. He's not black. He's not white. He's both. Just like my grandkids are bi-racial. Sara, my step daughter, is of course white, and she has chosen to have her children by a black man. Same deal. On any form they fill out that asks race, they will have to check other, then fill in bi-racial. But in the same token, Hines Ward of the Pittsburgh Steelers is bi racial. His mother a Korean woman and his father a black man. It doesn't matter what the races are. If you have parents from 2 different races, then you are bi racial. Now, if a bi racial, say black and white, has children with an Asian, do we then refer to those children as multi racial? Just wondering.
Anyway, I am worried about the changes that will come to this country with a bi racial president. The night of the election, they showed a woman holding her son (both were black) and saying "now I can tell my son that he can be president of the United States!" You couldn't tell him that before Obama was elected? I don't believe that there is or has been any reference to race in the regulations that structure eligibility to run for or be elected president. You have to have been born in the US, must be 35 years of age, and so on, but there's not anything that refers to race as far as I'm aware, anyway.
I think that the black people believe that Obama is the answer to all their problems. I think they will be disappointed. We will become an Obama nation in January when he is sworn in. I just hope it doesn't become an abomination.
____________________________________________
There is a radio station here in Pittsburgh called Bob FM. It's 96.9 on the dial. It used to be Magic FM and before that FM 97. Back then, it was a similar format to 'DVE, playing heavy metal/hard rock. Bob FM's claim to fame? Bob will play anything. So, they play classic rock, top 40, pop, oldies, country, all of it. So, I heard a song today that I haven't heard in years and it got me thinking. How many songs do I sing along to and don't know the correct lyrics? The song was Billy Idols' Eyes Without a Face. I remember when that song came out, that I thought he was saying "How's about a date?" Isn't that hysterical? And even though I know the words are Eyes without a face, I really have to concentrate to sing the correct lyrics.
Another one? Van Halen's Panama. I thought they were saying Cannonball. I was out with a friend and it came on the radio back in the day, and I sang Cannonball. Cannonbah-hall. Cannonball. My friend said "Shar, it's Panama. Like red?" Oh, Panama Red! You would think they would have referenced the canal, or the country. But given the decade...... Anyway, I never touched the stuff. But I did know what it was.
And the most recent that comes to mind is the line from Redneck Woman by Gretchen Wilson that goes "I'm just a product of my raisin' and I say Hey ya'll and yeehaw." I thought it was I'm just a product of the range ........... Ya know. Like Home, home on the (range). I know. Whenever you're done rolling on the floor laughing..... Well, just thought I'd share those with ya. Enjoy.

1 comment:

--David said...

Yeap, bi-racial... And in school here, he would be white, because it goes by the race of the mother.

You need to check out kissthisguy.com - misheard lyrics. It's hilarious and you can post your own!