Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Oops!; Goodbye, Marissa!; Top 3!; 3 in a row

In an earlier post about The Bachelor: London Calling, I mistakenly called Shane's dad Tony. His name is Lorenzo. I must have had Marissa from Dancing With The Stars' pro, Tony, on my mind at the same time. I can't keep all my reality shows straight, I guess. LOL.
__________________________________________
Speaking of Marissa and Tony, they were eliminated last night. I voted my alotted votes, 8 for Marissa and Tony, 7 for Cristian De La Fuente and Cheryl. (you get 5 votes per phone number, which Dean and each have cell phones, and 5 via internet. So, I split the internet votes favoring Marissa cause I knew she'd need the most help). The others left are Jason Taylor and Edyta and Kristi Yamaguchi and Mark.
__________________________________________
Idol was pretty good for the most part. The most part. The top 3 had to perform 3 songs each last night. 1 judges choice, 1 their choice and 1 producers' choice.

David A's judges choice was And So It Goes. He did a beautiful job with it.
His own choice was With You, which was kinda eh for me.
The producers chose Longer for David A. Good, but not outstanding. I agree with Paula that he should quit exagerating the length of some of the phrases and words, holding the notes to long and drawing them out. 1 outta 3, not so good.

Syesha's judges choice was If I Ain't Got You. I didn't know this song, but I liked it.
She chose Fever for herself. Weird choice. Peggy Lee did this song waaaay back in the day, as did Elvis. Her rendition was okay, but didn't have the passion that Peggy and Elvis had when they did it.
The producers chose Hit Me Up for her. I liked it. I liked that she wore black and white and danced. I give her a 2 outta 3.

The judges choice for David Cook was Roberta Flack's First Time Ever I SawYour Face. all can say is WOW! Gave me chills, goosebumps, and made my eyes fill up. WOW!!!
David chose Dare to Move by Switchback. I don't know this song, but I liked it. Alot!
The producers chose Don't Wanna Miss A Thing. An Aerosmith tune. Good choice for the rocker. I wish he could have done the whole song! More, more, more. 3 outta 3 for me with him.

I really want him to be the American Idol. I just don't have a connection with David A. Maybe because he's only 17? I don't know. Syesha? I think luck got her this far. Carly and/or Michael Johns should have her spot. We'll see in a littlewhile, huh?
___________________________________________
After winning both games at home, the Pens went on to win the first game in Philly. The orange crush got crushed, 4-2! I hope they sweep by winning again tomorrow nite. Let's go Pens!!!!!!!!!

No comments: