Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day weekend; Why do ya get that feeling?;DWTS Final Four; It's SHANE!

Well, we had lots planned for this weekend. We wanted to get the tarp off the camper, take it for tires and bring it home to stock up for the summer's camping trips. Alas, Mother Nature did not cooperate. Rainy and cold on Friday and Saturday morning. Went to breakfast Saturday morning, still cold, windy and dismal with some rain. It quit in time for us to go racing! Yea! Since the front was trying to push through, it was very windy and cold at the races. Afterward, we did our usual stint by the fire. While trying to warm our bones, one of our friends got a phone call and was told that there were many, many DUI check points all over the place. I was'nt worried, I hadn't been drinking. I had 1 beer with my pizza for dinner. Pizza and a good cold beer is so good. Like some people's popcorn and milk duds.
Around 1:00 a.m., Dean and I decided to hit the road. Leave the track, out 22/30 to 279 (the parkway) South, through the tunnels, off at Grant Street, down 2nd Ave., across the Hot Metal bridge, onto Carson heading home. Then they appear. The big orange signs that say "BE PREPARED TO STOP". The next one says "BE PREPARED TO SHOW DRIVERS LICENSE". Crap. I had never been through a checkpoint ever before. So, I slow down, and then I can barely see the flashing lights around the bend ahead. I dig my wallet out, get my license and get in line. No problem. Like I said, I had one beer over eight hours ago. So, it's my turn to be checked. The nice officer asked how I was doing and I said fine and asked the same of him. He had a friendly face, so it was easy to look right at him. He asked for my license and asked if I had been dring tonight and I told him no that I was the designated driver since Dean had partaken in beverage of the lager persuasion most of the evening. He checked the inspection stickers on the car, gave me back my license and wished us a good night and we were on our way. I don't think I breathed normally again until we got onto Mifflin Road! Why do you get that feeling like you were kicked in the gut when you see a cop, even though you haven't done anything wrong. And not just at a checkpoint. Even when you pass them as they sit along the highway, you automatically want to hit your breaks even if you are going the speed limit. And lord forbid they pull out from somewhere a come up behind you! Thenthey pass you up cause it's not you they're after, or it was just time to go. Takes a while to breathe again, don't it?
Sunday we had planned on going to the cemetary to visit all the Mom's we know. Grandma Rush, my mom, and Dean's mom. I was going to trim around the markers, clean the markers and put flowers in the vases. But, more rain. The only Mother that got their wish was Mother Nature. Dean had planned on cutting the grass. Ha! Not in the rain. We did have a great dinner at a place called Thee Olde Place Inn. It's down on Streets Run Road. They had a fabulous spread for the buffet. I ate til it hurt. Then it was home for the hockey game! Pens win, Pens win. 4-2! What a game! On to Philly for 2. Hopefully we can win at least one of the next 2 there.
_____________________________________________
Dancing with the Stars is in it's final four.Jason and Edyta did the Foxtrot and the Paso Doble. I wasn't impressed with either one, really. He did better earlier in the competition. I don't see where he's stepped up.
Marissa and Tony did the Quick Step and the Rumba. Both were good. I voted for her. Bu, us fat chicks have got to stick together...
Cristian and Cheryl did a beautiful Viennese Waltz and a great Samba, which is the dance he did 2 weeks ago and he hurt his arm. But, he mastered it! I vote for him too.
Kristi and Mark did this increadible Tango and a Jive that wasn't really up to snuff per their usual. If enough people vote for Marissa, I think Jason will go home. If more voted for Jason, then I think it will be Marissa.........we'll find out tomorrow nite!
_____________________________________________
Have you watched The Bachelor; London Calling? I have only watched the last 3 weeks, and at that point, I had picked Shane. She's the daughter of actor Tony Llamas. Well, tonight, she was proposed to by Matt! I was so glad. So was she!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think she is the daughter of Lorenzo Lamas. I didn't watch the show, but everyone at school was talking about it.