Saturday, December 30, 2006

Time for the New Year

Well, It's New Year's Eve Eve. I am sad to 2006 come to end, as it was a good year for Dean and I. I only hope that '07 will be as good or better.

Today, Dean and I were busy. Went to breakfast then returned all the clothes he got me for Christmas. Luckily, they had everything he got me in the sizes I needed, so we just even exchanged everything! I love when that happens! I really hate to shop. I hate to look for things, try them on, find they don't fit, then go back to the rack, get a different size and do it all over again. This way, he did the shopping, I tried everything on at home, and knew I had to go one size bigger in everything. He went with me to do the exchange, so he knew right were everything was! So, we exchanged it all, and I got a new pair of shoes to boot! (No pun intended). It made it so easy! The actual exchanging took forever. I got a new girl and she had only been working in customer service for 2 days. I was able to help her a good bit cause it was the department store at which I was working when Dean and I met~Value City. I had forgotten how nice a lot of their stuff is. I got Dean's TV/DVD player there and his clothes too. So, it was really weird that we shopped at the same store. But then again, we usually do think alike.

Dean and I will be ringing in the New Year at the Pepsi Roadhouse with the Fabulous Gunslingers! Yea! I love those guys. If you haven't checked out their website yet, click on the link to the right and give some of their songs a listen. They really are good. And a really good time. Can' t wait for that tomorrow night. It is their first big show where they are the headliners. They usually open for somebody or other at the Roadhouse or Starlake, or just play by themselves in some of the North Hills local bars. But we love them and they are a good time!

Had our Jordan with us all week. What fun that was! He is really cute and to watch him explore and learn is amazing! I wish I knew what was going on in his little mind when he plays and explores. You can see the little wheels of his mind turning round and round, but can't know what he's thinking.........mmmmmmmmmmmm. I loved to watch him look at the motion ornaments we have on our tree. My mom started getting them for me, my brother and sister every year a while back, and Dean and I still get one for ourselves every year. Anyway, you can see he wants to touch them, but we tell him no no Jordan and he stops reaching. If you turn your attention away from him for one second, he steals an ornament or candy cane off the tree and runs like heck and giggles. What an imp.....

So, he will be one year old on the 5th, which is next Friday. I can't believe it's been a year already! Where does the time go? And it seems it goes faster and faster the older I get. What happened to the time when I was little and weekends seemed so long and summer seemed even longer? Ah, those were the days...........

Well, Happy New Year to all, and to all a good night!

No comments: