Saturday, December 9, 2006

Road Rage????

Is it me or are other drivers getting more annoyingly stupid behind the wheel? I don't get it. Men who drive and talk on cell phones scare me. That takes way to much multitasking and men just don't multitask well. I get nervous when Dean is driving and has to change the setting on the heater or change the radio station or turn on a light or something. Not good at the multitasking thing. I am, however a good multitasker. When I was working at Value City, I would leave work, drive out to the racetrack to meet Dean, and practically have my clothes changed by the time I got off the Parkway!

And now that the Christmas shopping season is here, it seems that people are in their own little worlds and drive like they are the ONLY ones on the road. I'm just driving along, looking for my parking spot, and I will just driver VERY slowly to find it cause there's no one behind me that has to go somewhere............AHHHHHGG! Why can't they be a little more aware of what is around them, get the hell out of MY way, then they can putt along all they like. PARK THE DAMN CAR!!!! Whew! Now that that's off my chest...............
___________________________________
We had our first bout of bad weather Thursday night. Took me an hour and a half to get home from work! It usually take me about 25 to 30 minutes. The roads were sheets of ice. We only got about an inch of snow, but the roads were wet and the temperature dropped really fast once the sun went down and oila! ice! It took so long that I had to stop at Sheetz to go potty. Figured I might as well get gas since I had to stop anyway.............
____________________________
Dean and I have started investing in new Christmas decorations this year. We bought new lights for outside and today we bought a new Christmas tree. I have always had an artificial tree since I was 3 years old. the story my Mom told me was that when I was 2, I got very sick after they put their tree up. My Mom took me to the Dr. and he asked her if we had a live tree. She said yes, and he told her to get rid of it. Put it outside or something, but get it out of the house! So, she told Daddy and he put the tree, lights, decorations and all, on the front porch. So I had to look at my Christmas tree through the living room windows! Even today, if I even accidently touch a real Christmas tree, I get red marks that look like real small measles all bunched together. When my Dad died, my Mom told me to get her tree out of the basement and put it up at my house, so I replaced my artificial tree with theirs. My Mom died 3 weeks after Christmas. So, anyway, that tree has seen better days, so Dean and I bit the bullet and bought a new one today. Now, to get it put up..........
______________________________
The annual Racers for Tots Christmas party is tonight. We went and bought our couple of toys for our price of admission last night. While we were shopping, we found some great toys from the movie "Cars". They have radio controlled Lightning McQueens, Tow-Maters, and Sallys. They have a plush Tow-Mater! They have rip tie Lightning McQueens and Sallys! They are soooooooo cool!! A while back, my nephew was pokin' around on the internet and found where they had the prototypes on parade or something. I took the picture of "Mater" and put it on my computer as my wall paper. He's so cute. And it doesn't hurt that I think Larry the Cable Guy (Blue Collar Comedy Tour) is hysterical, as he is the voice of "Mater". so, I am anxious to go the Racers for Tots party. We have such a good time. A lot of our friends from the racing community will be there, our friends, Tom and Lisa, who we camp with quite often during the racing season, and of course, my beloved Fabulous Gunslingers will be the entertainment! How could it not be fun?
I will post some pictures later on of the night's festivities.........

1 comment:

--David said...

My biggest driving peeve is when the person in front of you is turning RIGHT and they STOP DEAD before they turn! Come on, people, put your foot on the gas and TURN for crying out loud!