Sunday, December 3, 2006

A little clarification on previous post.....

Okay, so my nephew thinks I am opposed to online courses. Noooooooo. Not on line courses. I am opposed to Cyberschool-where kids take ALL of their classes on line. And not college courses. High school or middle school kids. I thinks it's the parents being lazy and teaching the kids laziness too. Now, our soon to be out of office Senator(yay!), Rick Santorum, has his children doing cyberschool. Why? He said in an interview that it was because he didn't want his kids having to be ridiculed by others for what his father A) did for a living, B)his convictions on political issues, and C) his wife and their mother would be more involved with their education. What a bunch of hooey! You are a Senator for the USA representing Pennsylvania! Send them to Private School with the other Senators' kids! Pa-leez!

So, I think online courses are very good for adults that want to further their education and for college kids that want to enhance their current education. I have taken an on line course to further me in my occupation. It was fun. Really. But you do miss that interaction of Professor-student. On the other hand, it was convenient because I didn't have to go out, be at a class at a certain time on certain days. But, I am an adult that works full time, has a house, husband and a life to deal with. sooooooooooo...............

I know the whole on line class is vital to my nephew's having employment for the rest of his working life, unless he decides to change careers (yeah, right) But what he does is not having the whole curriculum via the internet, is it?

Oh, and one exception....If a child physically cannot go to school and this is their only way of getting their education (ie. the boy in the plastic bubble) then that would be a good thing.

1 comment:

--David said...

Ahh.. Sorry about the confusion.. :-) As for the Senator, I agree with your summation - HOOEY! You know what? You have to deal with all kinds of negative things in life, and sending your kids to private or public school will make them deal with it. How does hiding your children help THEM? **BBZZTT* Wrong Answer... No wonder we have a generation of spoiled, whiny-butts... Geez...