Friday, December 15, 2006

Christmas Monsters.......Nostalgia and wanting things we had as kids...

I think that the Christmas Monster bites grandparents and infects them with I don't know what. It is a strange bug that makes you go to Toys R Us on a Friday night and buy toys. But the grandparents just don't buy the toys; they have to play with all the toys too. So, I think Dean must have been bitten by this Christmas Monster at dinner tonight. Out of the blue he says to me " Who do we have left to shop for?" I told him no one really. All we have left to buy are a few gift cards. He said " What about Jordan? Are we done with Jordan?" I said no that I had a couple of things I saw at Eckerd I wanted to get him and I wanted to get him a couple of outfits or something. He said he wanted to go shopping. Did I want to go to Toys R US? I said "If you want to?!" with a question in my voice, cause that was just so odd to hear him say. He told me HE hasn't gotten to do any of the shopping for Jordan, that I've done it ALL and he wanted to do some. Soooooo, off we went to Toys R US. The place was crazy! People all over the place! So, we found the VTech aisle so we could get another game for the V Tech Baby.Smiles that we had gotten previously. (I, like a fool, went and bought it on Black Friday) Then we found the Play Skool aisle, the Little Tykes and Fisher Price Aisles. So, we bought him a trike, a xylophone/piano combination,a See and Say, a train set, a handle truck, a farm truck that hauls animals;sings a song; and makes horsie and cow noises, and a story book that has 365 classic stories and Nursery Rhymes in it! Now all this is in addition to the V Tech baby.Smiles unit, the shape sorter ball, a locomotive, a truck that plays music, and a Christmas bib I had already gotten him. His pile is going to be huge under the Christmas Tree this year! Damn the Christmas Monster!!! LOL. And I still want to get him the 2 things I saw at Eckerd and 2 outfits...........Hmm! Being the grandparents is fun. We had a good time tonight! And just think...his birthday is in January and then Easter is in April!
___________________________________
So, I started to dink around on Ebay. I thought I would look for a high chair for Jordan since the new ones out now are sooooo expensive! I found a couple I thought I'd bid on. So, Dean got on the computer and saw my bid confimation for the high chair and he clicks on the seller's other items and finds she has a Fisher Price Little People Barn. Then he goes and starts looking for any others. He found one that had been in someone's closet for like 30 years, still in the box and never opened! He bid on it! I hope we win it. It's in absolute mint condition! Dean said he had one as a kid. I did not. David and Brian (my nephews) had one. Of course they did. The had the Little People Airport and Garage as well! They could make a Little People city! It was really cool to play with them when they were kids.
_______________________________
If I could get a toy that I had when I was little, it would be a) the butterfly ball I had when I was really little. I might have been 1 or 2 years old, but I remember it! It was a pink tinted clear hard plastic ball with a blue butterfly in it. The butterfly was on like and axle and when you rolled it, the butterfly would turn around and around. and b) would be my easy bake oven/kitchen sink and washer and dryer set I had. These were all pretty big in size, not like the easy bake oven nowadays. The oven actually had a door that opened like a real oven, all kinds of pans with it, cake mixes and stuff and it baked by using a light bulb! It didn't pass through the oven like the one these days. All the appliances were Gumby green for lack of a better decription.The sink actually had running water as did the washer when you filled the resevoir on the back. It emptied down it's drain into another resevoir. Sort of like the fresh and gray water tanks in a camper. The wash actually washed and I washed all my doll's clothes. It agitated and spun! The dryer even really tumbled the clothes! It was the coolest thing. I wish I knew where my mom had gotten them. I don't even remember what brand they were.......Yeah, If I could get those items, All the world would be right...............

1 comment:

--David said...

Heya! In the upper right corner of the eBay page, in the search box, type this number: 190063098694... Is this what you're looking for??? :-) I bid on it, but was outbid... There are also some blue ones (like item 220061792341), but I don't know if that has the same features... :-)

Seriously, if you'd like it (the green one) for Christmas, I'll get it for ya - but it prolly won't get there until after Christmas....