Saturday, April 28, 2007

A very, very sad day.....

I hope this doesn't upset my nephew that I have posted this so soon, but I can't be with them in Arkansas in this awful time, so it's my way of coping. If anything is misspelled, I am sorry, for it is hard to see through the stream of tears.............


My brother in law, Jerry, (pictured above) has left this world. He has been working in Iraq closing out government contracts. His sudden departure from our lives was not due to enemy fire, mortar fire, car bomb, or any other hostile act like you would think considering his location. No, he apparently slipped away in his sleep. My sister is in Arkansas along with her two sons, David (of justpoppedinmyhead.blogspot.com fame) and Brian, their wives, Shannon and Carla, and Dave and Shan's kids, Tyler and Emily. I feel really bad for all of them, I can't begin to express the devastating feeling when my nephew phoned me this morning and told me. His choice of words were interesting in retrospect. He said "Dad passed away". Right away I knew that this was not at the hand of and detrimental occurance or he would have said "was killed" or something. When I refer to my Dad's death, I say he was killed in a car accident, even though he lived for a week in the hospital on life support after the accident.
I will miss Jerry's funny "bop" he did to the music only in his head, his great sense of humor, the good time he had just living life. He was always fun to be with. He had a good time. I will miss you, Na. Love, Wyn

1 comment:

--David said...

Heya, I am not upset at all that you posted about Dad... I am not ready to post my thoughts and feelings yet to my blog, so I'm glad you wrote about him.

He is deeply, deeply missed.....