Monday, April 2, 2007

Aaaaa-FLAC!!, Surveys

While watching JEOPARDY! this evening, I learned something I didn't know, or even realize before. The catagory was something or other "got" and all the answers in the category had g o t in the questions. The answer was " The voice of the AFLAC duck." The Question: "Who is Gilbert Gottfried?" I never knew that that whiny, goofy guy who always was on Hollywood Squares, then H2 was the voice of the Duck. I thought it was interesting, anyway.
____________________________________
You know how people always email you those surveys so that you can email it back to them with answers to questions about yourself? Well, my girlfriend Lisa sent me one and it was list four things that you....Name four things..... and so on. One of the questions was: Name 4 movies you would watch again and again. Well, I had way more than 4!!! Now, why is it that we do that as a society? Dean watches alot of movies that are teen coming of age movies that I think are really stupid. Like Hollywood Knights. I hate that movie. Why? I think it's because it shows that the only thing on teenagers' minds is is the opposite sex and sex, gettin' a peek at the girls boobies or whatever. I think because he like the movie, too. I just wanna scream 'GROW UP! ARE YOU GONNA BE 17 (MENTALLY) FOREVER?"
The movies that I listed that I would watch over and over (and have) are: 1. The Sound of Music 2. The Turning Point 3. Titanic 4. Days of Thunder (there are lots more, too-Cars, Legally Blonde, Grease, That Thing You Do, Big, Sleepless in Seattle, You Got Mail, Forrest Gump, Apollo 13, Dirty Dancing, Twister, Christmas Vacation, Erin Brokovich, Pretty Woman, Officer and a Gentleman, Runaway Bride, Miss Congeniality, Speed, The Net, Two Weeks Notice, Sybil, A Time To Kill, The Firm, The Pelican Brief.........I could probably go on for days). Notice that there are alot of Tom Hanks, Sandra Bullock, and Julia Roberts movies? Anyway, do we watch these over and over because we thought we missed something the first 18 times, or do we just think they are that good of a movie and want to be entertained even though we know the ending? Isn't the whole idea of watching a movie to find out the ending? I was just curious why watch the same movie every time it's on? I remember being in high school and The Turning Point being on HBO. I watched it every single time it was on. The story line was good, but I loved to watch the dancers......Mikhail Baryshnikov was the most incredible dancer. I wish I could find that movie on DVD..........

1 comment:

--David said...

Didn't know GG was the voice of the duck... Of course, now that I know, it's like "DUH!" Geez...

As for the movie thing... Yeah, we're pretty much 17 forever - some guys like to see naked chicks, some like to see stuff blow up, some like sports... Some guys would rather all of those elements be wrapped into one movie to save us money at the box office, ya know?

I like a bit of everything. I can watch just about anything at least once. Kinda like my music... :-)