Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Idol Chatter, If it wasn't broke, why'd they fix it?

I cannot believe it! I actually agree with Simon tonight on most counts! Nothing really sizzled. But, Blake was awesome this week. Good Song choice for him, he nailed it, it was really good and he has a great personality. It was actually believable. He is my top choice tonight. Second is Jordin. Not overdone, good song choice, and she just has a smile that won't quit and a sparkle in her eyes that I love. Third, is Phil. Even though his voice cracked, he was pretty good. Fourth, and you can not kill me for this, but I liked Sanjaya tonight. His spanish was impeccable, he was soft, sexy and sultry. And I like that he flirts with the camera with his eyes! Melinda looked really awesome, she performed beautifully, but it didn't pop. So, she is #5. Lakisha is #6. I just didn't think Gloria Stephan was a good choice for her, but then again, you are so limited when it comes to the latin songs. Maybe she should have done a Selena song. Great dress, but too revealing for her size. I will put Haley at #7. She didn't pop either. I didn't like her outfit. I think all the girls need to "dance" more. They all seem so stiff and rehearsed. The bottom of the heap; Chris. Smooth he wasn't. He did not do that song justice at all! I called and voted for Phil, now I will vote for Blake and Jordin.(if I can ever get through!)................


__________________________________


I'm cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs! I'm cereal, you Fruit Loop! I remember when you opened the box of cereal and the bag inside that kept the cereal fresh was nothing more than a bag made from wax paper and there was a little splotch of glue at the bottom that held it in the box when you turned it up to pour the cereal into your bowl. That was back in the day. Now, it's rubberized cellophane bag that stretches 6 inches before you can open it at the top seam. Then when you try to pour the cereal out into your bowl, it slides out of the box. Pouring cereal should not be a two handed operation. And lord forbid that you did not make the opening at the top big enough and your cereal gets all jammed up and you have to go in and unclog it! Man, things sure were easier back in the day. Why'd they have to change it?

1 comment:

--David said...

So, you voted for Phil first even though he was your number 3 choice? I am so confused! :-)

I agree about cereal bags! And, do you remember when you had to dig through all the cereal to get to the prize!? Now, if you are lucky enough to even get a prize, it's just in the box... Well, what fun is that!?

Oh, here's one for you - Some companies are now making the bags so that they only open PART of the way. It makes a 'spout' and supposedly makes it easier to pour... HA! Who did they test this stuff on first!? Yeesh...