Sunday, April 22, 2007

Started out as a comment..........;racing wasn't fun

This post was originally going to be a comment to my nephew's blog, but well I got a little "happy" with it all. So, that you know what I am talking about, jump over to his blog :justpoppedinmyhead.blogspot.com, and read the post titled "SMILE! You're on camera! and a sad (NOT) goodbye.." Go ahead. I'll wait.....................................
Oh. You're back already? Ok. So Simon rolled his eyes. We now know cause he was talking to Paula. Do you know he's not as bad a guy as he comes off? Saw an E! biography on him and it was really insiteful. I do think that him talking to Paula while Chris and Ryan were still conversing was rude.

I think my fingers would get tired if I texted as much as Coach Nutt. Flak he received was deserved!

People not as educated as us Americans could believe that catching a virus through a cell phone was possible. When they are only told what certain people (their government) want them to believe, they have no way of knowing any better!

Miss Mexico's dress looked very appropriate to me. I think she was making a political statement that someone didn't like........

Some parents are just, well I don't know what they are actually. The parents of the shooter at VA Tech. Shouldn't they have known how wacked out their kid was. Hasn't it been said that he has extensive psychiatric records? How do you let someone as disturbed as that walk around freely in society? Did he not get any attention from his parents?I guess we don't have to worry about HIM anymore. Why did that mother let her child out on the interstate? Really didn't think that one through now, did she? Now with all the abuse that goes on, most ANYthing nowadays can be construed as abuse, so parents don't have the right to beat the tar outta their kids like when I was a kid. No one turned you in for hitting your kids. Some idiot didn't get in your face when a neighbor kid did something wrong and you told the kid about it. Now, the parents of that kid get in your face and say don't tell my kid what to do! My mom would have gone to jail for sure if I had been raised these days. Ask my siser. Or my brother.

My grand-niece was so glad that the "white" girl was safe on Idol! My nephew said that it is interesting to see the world through a child's eyes. Jordin is probably malatto-meaning her parents are a bi-racial couple. She is very light skinned (especially next to Melinda and Lakisha) but she has black features-nose, hair that kind of thing. As you can see from the pics of my grandson, he is also malatto. My mom once said that the only way there would no longer be prejudice in the world would be if there were children created from "mixed marriages" because those kids would all be the same race............
____________________________
Racing was not fun for us last night. We arrived at the track after making our usual tailgating plans with all our friends. After out arrival, we notice the new , actually, reworded, sign post at the entrance gate: No Coolers. No beer, alcohol or beverages.A little later, a friend of ours who is also the security guard, told us that he argued at the employee meeting the night before about the new rule, but to no avail. He even asked if they could let people slide for a couple of weeks till the word got out. Shot down on that point as well. he told us that the sign wasn't even posted until 2:30 that afternoon! They never even bothered to put it on the web site. I think they were afraid no one would show up for opening night if they knew before hand about the NO Cooler rule. In the past, when you went to the races, you were able to take your own cooler filled with beverages of your choice to your seat. So, we did. We took beer, pop, water, jello shots, wine, slushies, what ever. And snacks. Chips, pretzels, cheezits, licorice, candy, whatever. Alot of the local track have gotten beer licenses, not to be confused with a liquor license. But, you could still take in pop and water or juice, gatorade or some soft drink. And your own snacks. That's fine. But to not allow you to take ANYthing in? That's plum crazy. I think our track has shot themselves in the foot. We were reprimanded last year for chanting A$$hole to a certain driver because the owners of the track want it to be a family sport and didn't want kids to hear that sort of thing. Well, I want to know how anyone will be able to afford to take their family now. Not only is the price of admission been increased a dollar per person, the food prices have gone up as well. So, 2 Adults:$26, 2 teenage kids: $18, and an 8 year old kid: $5. that's $49 alone to get in the gate! Then you all need something to drink. Beer is $2.50 a can, Mixed Drinks are $2.50 and $3.00. Pop is $1.75, burgers are $3.00, hot dogs, $2. Chips or pretzels, $1.25. You can't afford to feed your family once you get them there! I know that is that way at Heinz Field and PNC Park or Mellon Arena. But I have the choice to stay at home or go to a bar and STILL watch the games. I can't do that with racing. So our choice? Not to go! I think it will be that choice for alot of people and the track will go bankrupt, the property put up for sale, a developer will buy it and it will be a housing plan eventually. So, we'll go see the Gunslingers on Saturdays during the summer.................

1 comment:

--David said...

Well, how bad could Simon really be?? I mean, he did produce a Teletubbies Christmas album, for crying out loud!

I disagree with the 'virus through the phone' thing... The Gov't didn't tell them that, it was a rumor they heard... Look, Iknow you don't want to hear this, but there is a large population of STUPID PEOPLE in this world... And, there is another large portion who are not stupid, but who are GULLIBLE.... Where these folks fit, is more in the 2nd group, whereas the people who started the rumor would fall in the first.. :-)

Good call on the Mexican dress...

Without saying too much, I think you would agree that there was a time you would/could have thought someone we know could have done something similar to the VT tragedy.... Away from home, messed up with life and whatever else, young, seeing no way out of a corner he thought he was backed into... It is possible he didnt even call or talk to this parents....

Jordin *IS* mulatto - that was my point.. :-)

Okay, I'm done.. :-)