Monday, June 11, 2007

Thank you, ought oh, I gonna gonna go bye byes, the truck project, rain racin'

We had Jordan for the weekend. He is getting so big. And he is so busy! He has a shape sorter ball, and he loves to dump out the blocks and put them back in through the corresponding shaped hole! He does it over and over and over. When he is done, though, it's not when he finished putting all the shapes back in, Oh No! It's when he's dumped them all out on the floor, lets them "bounce" and roll all over, then he moves on to the next toy of interest. That is usually the ring stacker toy. This is the toy that I swear his mother neve had as a child. She couldn't have. She never learned biggest on the bottom and smallest at the top. That's why my tupperware cupboard was always in disarray and all the stuff would tumble out when you opened the door. I was forever restacking the damn bowls and lids.
Anyway, Jordan jabbers away a mile aminute. Most of which you cannot understand. But when you hand him something, whether it be a toy, his sippy cup, or a bite of his grilled cheese sandwich for lunch, he says "Thank you!" It is the cutest thing! And it comes out plain as day. He other phrase that every kid says is ought oh. Drop something. Ought oh. knock over the sippy cup. Ought oh! the ball he tries to pick up rolls away from him. Ought Oh! It is so cool to watch.
Then he goes to the front door and reaches up and pulls the handle down. (we have a scrolled lever type door handle) As he does this, he looks over his little shoulder at me and says "I gonna gonna go go bye byes?" And yes, he says gonna and go twice. It is so funny! Now, he does a whole lot of jabberin' away the I don't know what he is saying. But I know he knows what he is saying because as I was getting his bath ready, he said what seemed like one sentence. I said"What did you say?" and he said exactly what he said the first time with same intonations and everything. I about peed my pants! I will post a few pics as soon as I down load them from my camera.

On saturday, Dean and I unrolled the indoor/outdoor carpet for the camper and tried to clean it with the pressure washer, but there's something wrong with it and that idea didn't work. So we squirted the carpet cleaning solution on it, worked in with a long handled scrub brush, and the rinsed it with the garden hose. Then we hung across the deck so it would dry. The Dean decided that he wanted to wash the truck. Since I didn't know when Jordan would wake up from his nap, he went ahead and washed the truck while I relaxed on the couch. It wasn't too long and the little jabberer was jawin' away to the SpongeBob that is in his room. I think the thing is as big as he is! The SpongeBob is about 24" tall, sitting, then he has his legs and his hat that he wears while working at the Crabby Patty or whatever it's called.
So, I keep him entertained and then make his lunch. Then we play some more and Pap pap goes to the races. While Dean is at the races, I take Jordan outside to play for a while, then I plop him in his carseat and clean the windows of the truck, inside and out. He jabbered at me the whole time. What great company he was! I cannot wait till all that is actually words!
Sunday, Dean went to the grocery store and I gave Jordan his breakfast, got him washed and dressed and we went outside and I scrubbed the floor mats for the truck! Jordan thought he was going to get to play in the water! I don't think so! Then I washed his clothes so they were clean when he went back home. After putting the groceries away, we all got in the truck and took Jordan home.

I thought we would be home in time for the start of the Nascar race from Pocono, and we were. By a really really great margin. They had a rain delay (go figure), so a race that was supposed to start at 2 didn't start till 5. So, I put the time to good use. I got out the little green machine and cleaned the upholstery and carpets in the truck! It was bright and sunny here! Then we watched the rain shortened race. Sidebar: A nascar race is an official race after the first lap after halfway is complete. ie.: If the race is 200 laps, then the race is official and can end after lap 101. So the rains came at lap 104, they ran in caution mode for a few laps, and my man, Jeff Gordon came out the winner! Gotta love that pit/no pit strategy. You can get all the details at Nascar.com. So, the carpet and seats dried while we watched the race and had dinner. Then I put the mats back in, recleaned the inside of the windows, cause doofus here got overspray from the cleaner everywhere, then cleaned the dashboard and the rest of the surfaces. It almost looks as good as it did the day we bought it! Very cool. I love my Chevy Truck. Some body thinks I should get a Hemi. Phthhhhhhththththththth. We actually looked at Dodge Rams. But, none of the salesman must have needed to sell a vehicle that day cause they never approached us. They lose!

No comments: