Friday, June 1, 2007

It's finally Friday. I'm outta control, forget the workin' blues and let the good times roll!

Thanks to George Jones, the country great, tonight's post has a title! It was only a 4 day work week since Monday was the Holiday, but it sure seemed long! We had lots of running around going on this week, though. Tuesday, we just came home from work and didn't do much of anything, cause it's hard to go back after that 3 day weekend. Wednesday, Dean went and worked out, then picked me up from work, we went back and took the tarp off of the camper, then to the chiropractor (see earlier post about throwing my back out over the weekend) then to Arby's for the 5 for 5.95 deal! Then to the bank to deposit my paycheck. Gotta pay the bills, ya know. Then, Finally home. Last night we had the excitement of the big storm.Thunderboomers and lightning. Really heavy rain and hail the size of marbles. the small ones, not the shooters. So, when we uncovered the camper the other night, I went in and opened the kitchen and bathroom windows to let it air out after being closed up tight all winter. So, Dean worries all night that the whole inside is going to be soaking wet cause the rain is going to come in the windows since it was raining "sideways". Well, our windows open like jealousy windows on houses that were built in the 50' s and 60's, so for the rain to get in, it would have had to rain "up" and on a 45 degree angle. But he makes me promise that I will go back and check on it before I go into work this morning. All was fine. Dry as a bone.
I had taken him to the bus stop this morning so we didn't have to worry about getting his car today. He took the trolley to my work, took the truck and went and worked out. Then he came back to my work, hooked up the camper and when I was done work, we took it for inspection. We were home by 5:30. So, the camper is on the side street by the house. We are going to clean it tomorrow and see about replacing the floor. It seems that the man we bought it from had replaced the floor once, and he told us that when we looked at it to buy it, but he didn't tell us he used fiberboard! So, One time, Dean forgot to close the roof vent, and a bunch of rain got in. To compound the problem, the freshwater inlet dribbles when you fill the water tank. It dribbles down the inside wall and under my bed. Ponded and the floor just never was able to dry out, so it got really gushy and you can't walk on it much. So, we have our work cut out for us tomorrow after breakfast. I am going to attempt to get up early and clean the inside of the camper before we go to breakfast. Whoooo hooo. Hot fun in the ol' town tonight!
I talked to my sister. The boxes with my brother in law's personal effects came today. No surprises or anything, since she did help him pack to go to Iraq in the first place, so that was good. But I still think it was another emotional hurdle for her to get over. She sounded pretty whooped when I talked to her and her not feeling well doesn't help either, I 'm sure. I hope once she recovers from the surgery she has scheduled on the 12th of this month, that she will be so much better.
Well, this chick's tired. I am going to bed. I wish I hadn't had to wait till so late to do this post, but there was a partial cable outage in our area as a result of yesterday's storms, so I also had trouble getting (and being able to stay) on the internet. I can't wait till Verizon gets Fios up and running in our neck of the woods. Then it will be a Dish and DSL through them.
Well, th th th that's all folks!

No comments: