Tuesday, June 26, 2007

It's been a while; Water cooler was ok; 5% of people

Well, it has been quite while since my last post. Almost 2 weeks, in fact. My sister had surgery, so I hadn't felt like posting cause I was so worried about her recovery. So, I didn't want to get too involved in doing posts cause I tend to lose track of time on here and miss the time in which it would be probable that she would feel like saying hi. Then once I got on the phone with Brian or David or whoever was in Dar's hospital room or at her house once she got home, I would get the details of her day and she was pretty sick, so I didn't get to talk to her. Her surgery was on the 12th of June, a Tuesday. She was discharged from the hospital the following Sunday and the ride home was extremely hard on her. Her post op discharge instructions included "no riding in a car". Now the hospital is in Shreveport, Louisiana which is over 2 hours driving time from my sister's! Now how in the world can No riding in a car be part of your discharge instructions when you live that far away? So Monday night she was really sick. She told Brian (who I was on the phone with) that she wanted me to come down and be her nurse. She would even buy my plane ticket! So, my mind starts trying to figure out how I can juggle some vacation time to go take care of her! Tuesday morning, she calls my cell phone and she just sounds like her old self! I was happier than a tornado in a trailer park! So little by little, she got better day by day. Brian was there through the week and Dave was there on the weekends! So, this past weekend she felt so good that she didn't have anyone stay with her on Sunday or Monday night! I talked to her on Sunday and she really sounded wonderful! We laughed and talked for a good while. Then, today I get a phone call from Shan (Dave's wife) and says that Dar is back in the hospital, that she had extreme pain and was throwing up this morning, the day she was supposed to go for her first post op check up. So they take her to the hospital in Hope and they think she has a blockage. They transfer her by ambulance to the hospital in Shreveport. Bariam Swallow, cat scan, and there is a blockage in the small intestine. So, they are going to try to make it pass without having to do another surgery. Keep your fingers (and toes, and eyes) crossed.
_________________________________________
In my last post, I told you about the water cooler going on the fritz. Turns out, that the new one leaked too! I was devastated! So, I call Tyler water and the tell the girl that this one leaks too. She told me she thought we had a bottle that leaked, not the machine and to take the bottle off of the machine and see if the water level in the resevoir depleats and I end up with water on the floor. It didn't by the end of the day, so I left it overnight, and no water on the floor in the morning either, so I put a different bottle on the machine and we have been fine and dandy ever since! Just thought I'd share that with ya!
_____________________________________________
On my radio's morning show this morning, they were giving statistics on what people do. Did you know?.............
That 75% of men do NOT use the opening in their briefs or boxers to pee? Who would have thought?
That 90% of people do not tie or untie there shoes to put them on or take them off?
24% of licensed drivers do not use turn signals? (yeah, and I usually end up behind 15% of them!)
5% of people do not make their beds everyday? Now, how can you get back in a messed up bed? I know, some people say "Why make it in the morning? I'm jsut going to get back in it tonight!" I am sorry, but, I have to make my bed every day. Even if I am late for work, I make my bed. If I am running super late, I will leave it and either Dean will make it when he gets home from work, or I will. But it gets made up before I have to get back in it. I cannot stand getting back in a mussed up bed! The sheet's not right, the comforter's all crooked. I can't stand it. It takes 2 minutes. Make the bed! Have you ever had a guest stay with you and they think it's a damn hotel and they don't make their bed? Uggghhhhh. There's no maid service. Your bed won't magically get made up and new towels appear in the bathroom when you go sightseeing or to run an errand. Be a good guest and make the bed!
Now, that I've gone off on that tangent, I know there were more of those statistics, but those are the ones that stuck in my head. The first one I think, because it had to do with men and their penises or laziness or something. The second one because we all know how badly I get road rage. And the third one because I thought, oooooh. How can people do that? Oh, I know another one! I forget the percentage, but do you know there are people that don't do their dinner dishes after dinner? They let them in the sink until the next morning! Super ooooooooooh. Gross!

1 comment:

--David said...

Heya! Well, here is my response to the stats... I tend NOT to use the opening/flap. Why? Way too much of a pain to use. What SEEMS like a convenient opening is actually time-consuming. Frankly, open the pants, give a little breathing room and go - no fiddling around down there with holes, flaps, etc. I do not tie/untie my shoes if I don't have to. That is laziness, plain and simple, and it works... :-) I use my signals most of the time, but not always. For example, if I am in a TURN ONLY lane, why should I use a blinker? I *HAVE* to turn! DUH! Now, on most days, I would rather NOT make the bed. Sorry, but I will be getting back in the bed later and I don't see the need to go to all the trouble of making it up every time you get out of it. As for dishes, well, we do them whenever we have the time. Usually after sit-down meals, though. But for quick little things - maybe right away, maybe not until there are several to put in the dishwasher. Again, I see no biggie in waiting as long as things arent growing or moving.. LOL, okay, maybe not quite THAT bad... :-)