Wednesday, December 5, 2007

It finally came; 4 inches of snow; Getting older

Well, if you read my post from a little while back, you know that I have a Dell computer at work and that it crashed on me BIG time. Dave couldn't fix it. (at least not over the phone and considering he's in Arkansas...)I called Dell and they were supposed to send out a disc for me to reload Windows XP. Well, There was a mix up with the "company" that it was shipped to even though it had my personal name and work address on it. Clark County School District was the "company" it was sent to, so DHL wouldn't deliver it to me. When the disc didn't arrive, I called Dell, they had given me the tracking number and I found out it was returned. Dell sent another one with correct company name on it, which I got the next day. So, the computer has been back up and running since Nov. 15th. So, what does DHL deliver today? A plain brown shipping envelope with the disc inside in a DHL corrected address clear, yellow and red poly bag!!! Yeesh! It only took 4 weeks + to correct that error. Glad I din't have to wait that long to be able to reload Windows!!!

_____________________________________

Today, the Burgh woke up to the first big snowfall of the year. It was coming down pretty good! By noon, we had 2.5 inches. By 3 we had 3.25 and probably 4 good inches by 4:30 or so and it was still snowing! I had my standing every other Wednesday nail appointment today and by the time I was done there, the snow had stopped. I thought they drove bad the other day. God, it was worse this morning. We live in Pittsburgh. Do the people forget how to drive in snow over the summer? No. That just never bothered to learn in the first place. All they have to do is respect the snow, use low gear downhill, and pump the breaks! Do they? NO! Since my birthday is in December, I had to learn how to drive in snow to get my license.......
______________________________________
So, yes, my birthday is RIGHT around the corner. I will be older than I care to admit, look or feel. 47. But no one thinks I look my age. I certainly don't act my age. At least I don't think so. Dean and I have friend who is 6 years younger than me, but she looks older than me. I believe it's because she is a smoker and because she can party with the best of them. Me? Pittsburgher weekend was about it for me. Once a year. She parties like that probably twice a week during racing season and twice a month in the off season. And that's prolly being kind. I don't think I act my age. When my mom was my age, she seemed so old. Is that because I was only 14? Is it because all she did was work and sleep? I don't know. I just know that I don't ever want to be like THAT. Don't get me wrong. I know I'm no spring chicken. I feel aches and pains when I over exert myself. My back goes out of whack for sometimes what seems to be no apparent reason. My feet swell when I am on them too long. But all in all, I don't think I'm too bad for a broad my age!!!!

No comments: