Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas Shopping Update: Why Don't Men Understand?

Well, we are getting down to it. 12 shopping days left. Last night I went on a VERY succcessful fact finding tour to get Dean's "big" gift. So, I can get that tomorrow night since payday was today. Then he's done. We have Tyler's gift card, so he's done. I renewed Vinnie's Dirt Late Model suscription, he's done. Got Mark and Angela's gift card, they're done. Stll have to pick up Tea's gift, but that's no biggie and have to get Kenny's gift card and that's no biggie either. I am still waiting for Dave's and Diane's gifts to come in. Dave's? Well, that's a story. I ordered his gift on line. Gave the bill to info to match the credit card I was using, then put in the ship to. I like to have everything come to my office because the UPS, Fed EX, and mailmen all leave the items on the deck if I have them come here. If it rains, whatever I bought would get soaking wet till Dean or I got home from work. Well, when I put the shipping address in, I put my HOME zip code instead of the WORk zip code. So, I keep checking order status on line, but it hasn't arrived. The company I ordered from used UPS Mail Innovations, where UPS picks the item up from the company, then takes to to the post office and it is mailed to me. So, I guess it's wandering all over Pittsburgh, trying to find the correct post office to be delivered out of. Since I am running out of time to get the Arkansas gifts into UPS, I called the company last night and I must say the Customer Service person was not very Customer service oriented. He told me "you have the tracking number. Just track with UPS and the Post Office." Well, the tracking number listed for my package was not a UPS or USPS tracking number so they had no clue. I printed all the information out that I could possibly print and took it to work today. I called the company again. I got a very nice young lady who definitely was Customer Service, WAS service oriented and went into their system and changed the zip code on the package and sent a message to the post office of the correction! She also suggested ordering another one and have it sent next day service and if the other one arrived as well, I could refuse it, it would come back to them and they would then credit my account for the item. I said that that would work for me because I was all stressed out over this not getting here in time and better safe than sorry. Now, I must tell you that I put alot of pressure on myself to get everything done for the holidays. So, in the midst of this pressure, I didn't want to have to worry about Dave's gift getting here and then there in time. So, after talking to the CSR today, as per normal, the company sent an email to show the order was submitted, another to confirm my order, then another to tell me it shipped. Well, Dean opened the emails after work today, and when I got home he questioned me about the shipping cost on the re-order. This upset me very much. I tried to explain the problem to him and how the other one would be returned and the account would be credited but he couldn't understand the need for the overnight shipping charge and the need to order another item. I got upset and got choked up and couldn't even talk. I waved him off and he got upset about that. Why can't he just understand it was what I needed to do at the time to keep my fast going sanity and it was the best solution to the problem. I look at the shipping cost as a mistake that I made that I had to pay for. So, all's well that ends well and according to the status on the new order, it will be here tomorrow. Now I can breathe......We can wrap the Arkansas presents tomorrow night and I can send their box on Friday!!!
Now, back to my update. We still have to get the chair for Jordan. We have to get cards to put money in for Dean's nephews. Yes, I know they are my nephews too, but I was using that reference for clarity purposes. A couple of last minute odds and ends---stocking stuffers and the like and I am done!

No comments: