Thursday, December 6, 2007

Christmas shopping update; The funniest Christmas Decoration I've ever seen; A Christmas card that made me cry

Well, I have checked into two of the items I want to get for Dean. I think I am good to go there. Just need time to sneak away for a few minutes or be late from work one night or something. My boss, Diane, is a big Gone With the Wind fan. In fact, her daughter, who is one of my co workers in a loose sense of the term, is named Tara for Scarlett's beloved house. I started dinking around on ebay and found a great item out of the over 2,000 they have listed for GWTW memorabilia. So, I placed my bid and we will see what happens..........
________________________________________

I saw the funniest Christmas decoration I have ever seen in my life this morning. I was almost to work and noticed this house right down from Cool Springs Driving Range/Mini Golf/Batting cages/SnoZone complex with some of those C-7 multi colored lights outlining the roof perimeter. And then I see this Santa kind of up in the air. Well, It seems his hand is tangled in the cord of the C-7 lights and he is supposed to look like he's fallen of the roof and gotten himself all wrapped up in the lights. It is hysterical!!!!
And just in case you can't see how much snow ther really is................
This is a couple of shots of the view out of my office window..................
The day it snowed (Wednesday)
And today. Welcome to winter! Yuck.
________________________________________
Today, Dean and I got a Christmas card from my sister. It is a wonderful feeling that someone (other than your spouse) thinks that you are a special person. My sister, as do I and I am sure many others, write personal messages inside cards. So, when I get to the part about she can't wait to see us, I just lost it. While I am at the kitchen counter opening the mail, Dean is starting to cook dinner, so I am reading the cards aloud to him. So in the middle of reading this card's personal message from my sister, I just broke down. Then, to boot, she sends a card that is just for me. Needless to say, that I can't even READ this one to Dean because by now I am sobbing so badly, I can't even talk. Part of her handwritten message read: Thanks for being there when I needed you most. That isn't entirely true. She needed me the week after. And the week after that and the week after that and the week after that. She needed me when she had gotten home from that surgery she had. It kills me that I couldn't be there then.
My sister and I have had an extraordinary bond ever since I can remember. Since she's a few years older than me, I was still in diapers when she took me to a school dance. I can't remember if it was jr or high school. She took me on dates and sometimes, actually alot of times, it was her and I. Swimming at Piney Forks Pool where we both got sun poisoning cause we fell asleep on our towels after dowsing ourselves with baby oil. What were we thinking? As fair as we are?.........She took me roller skating and to drive in movies, and to South Park. She was and still is the best sister there is.

No comments: